Environment of school going adolescents in India: a Review of literature
- 1Department of Social Work, Mizoram University, Aizawl, Mizoram, India
- 2Department of Social Work, Mizoram University, Aizawl, Mizoram, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 9, Issue (2), Pages 44-46, April,2 (2020)
Every individual desire harmless environment in society. The school going adolescents also wish a safe school and home environment. Now a days the environment of school going adolescents are not safe in the home, school & community. The present review is to understand the environment of school-going adolescents in India. The environment includes the school, home and social support of school going adolescents. The review retrieved from the online search engines and from Mizoram university library from the past 10 years of articles related to environment of school going adolescents. The review found that there was a dearth of studies in the area of the environment of school going adolescents. The studies which are focused on the basic assessment of adolescents and the environment. There is a proper intervention, guidelines for the multidisciplinary team (School social worker, Psychologist etc.) on the protection of school going adolescents. However, the school authority, teachers, parents are responsible to provide a safe environment for the school going adolescents.
- Sharma S. and Lata S. (2014)., Mental Health of Adolescents in Relation to Types of School and School Environment., International Journal of Education and Psychological Research (IJEPR), 3(1). Retrieved from http://ijepr.org/doc/V3_Is1_March14/ij16.pdf
- Doley L. (2018)., The Impact of Home Environment Factors on Academic Achievement of Adolescents., International Refereed Research Journal, 9(1), 137-147. https://doi.org/1 0.18843/rwjasc/v9i1/17
- Ahmed W., Minnaert A., Werf G. and Kuyper H. (2010)., Perceived social support and early adolescents´ achievement: the mediational roles of motivational beliefs and emotions., Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 39(1), 36-46. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10964-008-9367-7
- Singh M.M., Gupta M. and Grover S. (2017)., Prevalence & factors associated with depression among schoolgoing adolescents in Chandigarh, North India., The Indian Journal of Medical Research, 146(2), 205-215. https://doi.org/10.4103/ijmr.IJMR_13 39_15
- Panahi S. (2015)., Role of Parents, Teachers, and Community in Adolescents issues., Unique Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biological Sciences, 3(2), 1-11.
- Srikala B. and Kishore K.K.V. (2010)., Empowering adolescents with life skills education in schools - School mental health program: Does it work?., Indian Journal of Psychiatry, 52(4), 344-349. https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5545.74310
- Ranganathan N. and Wadhwa T. (2017)., Guidance and counselling for children and adolescents in schools., Retrieved from https://in.sagepub.com/en-in/sas/guidance-and-counselling-for-children-and-adolescents-in-schools/book258258
- Mondal T., Ghosh R., Maji S., Roy T.G., Bisoi S. and Lahiri S. (2012)., A study on mental health of adolescent girls and parental protective factors in a school of metropolitan city., Indian J. Prev. Soc. Med, 43(3), 304-307. Retrieved from http://medind.nic.in /ibl/t12/i3/iblt12i3p304.pdf
- Harikrishnan U., Arif A. and Sobhana H. (2017)., Assessment of mental health status among school going adolescents in North East India: A cross sectional school based survey., Asian journal of psychiatry, 30, 114-117. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp.2017.08.021
- Harikrishnan U., Arif A. and Sobhana H. (2016)., Prevalence of Social Phobia among School Going Adolescents., The International Journal of Indian Psychology ISSN, 4039(74), 2348-5396. Retrieved from http://www.ijip.in
- Kaur S. (2013)., Family environment as a predictor of psychological hardiness among adolescents., Indian Journal of Positive Psychology, 4(3), 407.
- Gopalakrishnan N. and Reddy J. (2018)., Role of Home Environment in Adolescent Stress: A Review., Scholars Journal of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, 6(3), 539-541. https://doi.org/10.21276/sjahss.2018.6.3.9
- Kumar R. and Lal R. (2014)., Study of academic achievement in relation to family environment among adolescents., The International Journal of Indian Psychology, 2(1), 146-155.
- Jayanthi P. and Thirunavukarasu M. (2016)., Perceived Social Support - A Risk Factor for Depression Among Adolescents: An Analytical Study., Journal of Nursing Research, 1(1), 29-34.
- Nautiyal R., Velayudhan A. and Gayatridevi S. (2017)., Perceived Social Support of the Adolescents from Rural and Urban Setting., The International Journal of Indian Psychology, 4(2), 187-191.
- Khan M. (2015)., Impact of Social Support on Life Satisfaction among Adolescents., The International Journal of Indian Psychology, 2(2), 97-104.