Modified model for cluster decay
- 1Post Graduate Department of Physics, Patna University, Patna, Bihar, India
- 2Post Graduate Department of Physics, Patna University, Patna, Bihar, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 9, Issue (1), Pages 26-31, January,2 (2020)
George Gamow theorized the model of alpha-decay, which can be used to formulate the relationship between energy of alpha particle and the tunneling probability. In the present work we have employed Gamow′s theory for evaluating the decay rates of cluster emitters. The T1/2 of the cluster depends on the penetration probability. In this present work the square well model is modified by smoothening the value of the potential inside the nucleus which we will call as S-potential. The modification was made in the model by taking two points &
- Sandulescu A., Poenaru D.N. and Greiner W. (1980)., New type of decay of heavy nuclei intermediate between fission and. cap alpha. decay. Sov., J. Particles Nucl. (Engl. Transl.);(United States), 11(6).
- Rose H.J. and Jones G.A. (1984)., A new kind of natural radioactivity., Nature, 307(5948), 245.
- Dorin N. Poenaru (2008)., Walter Greiner in Handbook of Nuclear Properties., (Oxford University Press, New York 2008), 131.
- Royer G., Gupta R.K. and Denisov V.Y. (1998)., Cluster radioactivity and very asymmetric fission through compact and creviced shapes., Nuclear Physics A, 632(2), 275-284.
- Bonetti R. and Guglielmetti A. (2007)., Cluster radioactivity: an overview after twenty years., Romanian reports in Physics, 59(2), 301.
- Malik S.S., Singh S., Puri R.K., Kumar S. and Gupta R.K. (1989)., Pramana., P.B. Price, Annu.Rev.Nucl.Part.Sci., 39, 19.
- Hourani E., Hussonnois M. and Poenaru D. N. (1989). Radioactivities by light fragment (C, Ne, Mg) emission. In Annales de Physique 14,(3), 311-345. EDP Sciences., undefined, undefined
- Singh Sumita and Shristi (2018). Journal of Patna Science College, 6, 99-105., undefined, undefined
- Poenaru D.N. and Greiner W. (1996)., Nuclear Decay Modes., (IOP Publishing ,Bristol,1996), Ch.6, 275.
- Zhang G.L. and Le X.Y. (2010)., The preformation of cluster radioactivity for heavy nuclei., Nuclear Physics A, 848(3-4), 292-298.
- Arun S.K., Gupta R.K., Kanwar S., Singh B. and Sharma M.K. (2009)., Cluster radioactivity with effects of deformations and orientations of nuclei included., Physical Review C, 80(3), 034317.
- Royer G. and Moustabchir R. (2001)., Light nucleus emission within a generalized liquid-drop model and quasimolecular shapes., Nuclear Physics A, 683(1-4), 182-206.
- Basu D.N. (2003)., Role of effective interaction in nuclear disintegration processes., Physics Letters B, 566(1-2), 90-97.
- Poenaru D.N., Greiner W., Depta K., Ivascu M., Mazilu D. and Sandulescu A. (1986)., Calculated half-lives and kinetic energies for spontaneous emission of heavy ions from nuclei., Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables, 34(3), 423-538.
- Poenaru D.N. and Greiner W. (1991)., Cluster preformation as barrier penetrability., Physica Scripta, 44(5), 427.
- Zhang G.L., Le X.Y. and Zhang H.Q. (2009)., Calculation of α preformation for nuclei near N= 162 and N= 184., Physical Review C, 80(6), 064325.
- Viola Jr, V.E. and Seaborg G.T. (1966)., Nuclear systematics of the heavy elements—II Lifetimes for alpha, beta and spontaneous fission decay., Journal of Inorganic and Nuclear Chemistry, 28(3), 741-761.