Bioanalytical method development and validation of fenofibrate
- 1Central Analytical Laboratory, Department of Pharmacy, BIPS, Laknepally, Warangal-Telangana, India
- 2Central Analytical Laboratory, Department of Pharmacy, BIPS, Laknepally, Warangal-Telangana, India
- 3Central Analytical Laboratory, Department of Pharmacy, BIPS, Laknepally, Warangal-Telangana, India
- 4Central Analytical Laboratory, Department of Pharmacy, BIPS, Laknepally, Warangal-Telangana, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 8, Issue (2), Pages 1-5, April,2 (2019)
A selective, rapid, sensitive and Simple HPLC method development and validation was performed for estimating amount of fenofibrate in plasma (human). Ethyl acetate is used for the extraction of drug. At 295nm in U.V. detector on 5µm intensil using 60:40 v/v 20 mm ammonium acetate buffers with initial pH, C18 column (4.6x250mmx5µm), ACN as MP at a flow rate of 1 micro liter/minute chromatographic peaks was separated. From plasma, chromatograms showing excellent resolution and no interference. R.T of Fenofibrate and Nevirapine (internal standard) were approximately 6.6±0.05 minutes, 5.2± 0.03 min respectively. Above 62% the average recovery from human plasma was determined. According to the concentration range of 0.3 to 20μg/milliliter with coefficient of correlation (r2) 0.9983 this method was linear.
- Bolton S. (1994)., Pharmaceutical Statistics: practical and clinical application., 3rd ed, Marcel Dekker, New York, 216-264.
- Chong P.H. and Bachenheimer B.S. (2000)., Current, new and future treatments in dyslipidaemia and atherosclerosis., Drugs, 60(1), 55-93.
- Kumara Swamy D., Gupta M. and Punna Rao R. (2010)., New validated spectrophotometric method for the estimation of fenofibrate in bulk and dosage forms., International Journal of Biological and Pharmaceutical Research, 1(2), 131-136.
- Kumar Deepak J., Sanchit R., Jain Nilesh and Chandel H.S. (2011)., Simultaneous estimation of simvastatin, ezetimibe and fenofibrate in synthetic mixture by using rp-hplc., Search and Research, 2, 131-133.
- El-gindy A., Emara S., Mesbah M.K. and Hadad G.M. (2005)., Spectrophotometric and liquid chromatographic determination of fenofibrate and vinpocetine and their hydrolysis products., Il Farmaco, 60(5), 425-438.
- Komsta Ł. and Misztal G. (2005)., Determination of fenofibrate and gemfibrozil in pharmaceuticals by densitometric and videodensitometric thin-layer chromatography., Journal of AOAC International, 88(5), 1517-1524.
- Bhavesh D. and Shah S. (2009)., Determination of fenofibric acid in human plasma by ultra performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry: application to a bioequivalence study., Biomedical Chromatography, 23(9), 922-928.
- The European Agency for the Evaluation of Medicinal Products (1996)., ICH Topic Q2B Note for Guideline on Validation of Analytical Procedures., Methodology GPMP/ICH/281/95.
- United States Pharmacopoeia (2007)., Validation of Compendial Methods, 26th edition., Pharmacopoeial Convention Inc. Rockville, MD, 1 and 2, 680-683 and 2117-2118.
- FDA (2011) http://www.fda.gov/cder/guidance/index.html. Accessed on Aug 2011., undefined, undefined