Knowledge of Teachers Regarding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- 1Community Health Nursing, Swami Rama Himalayan University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
- 2Community Health Nursing, Swami Rama Himalayan University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
- 3Community Health Nursing, Swami Rama Himalayan University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
- 4Community Health Nursing, Swami Rama Himalayan University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
- 5Community Health Nursing, Swami Rama Himalayan University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
- 6Community Health Nursing, Swami Rama Himalayan University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
- 7Community Health Nursing, Swami Rama Himalayan University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 7, Issue (7), Pages 19-21, July,2 (2018)
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a psychiatric disorder characterised by low level of attention and high level of activity which affect school performance of children. The aim of the present study was to assess the knowledge of primary school teachers regarding ADHD among children. This cross sectional study was done on 47 teachers who were selected by convenient sampling technique from three randomly selected primary schools. Data was collected by self prepared tool, tool has two sections: Section I socio-demographic variables and section II was structured knowledge questionnaire regarding ADHD. Result shows that most of the teachers 62% had average knowledge regarding ADHD.
- Schlock R., Holling H., Kurth B.M. and Huss M. (2007)., Prevalence of ADHD among children and adolescents., Bundesgesundheitsbl, 50(5-6), 827-835. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00103-007-0246-2
- Smith L. Brendan (2011)., ADHD among preschoolers., American Psychological Association, 42(7), 50.
- Polanczyk G., De Lima M.S., Horta B.L., Biederman J. and Rohde L.A. (2007)., The worldwide prevalence of ADHD: a systematic review and metaregression analysis., American journal of psychiatry, 164(6), 942-948.
- Louw C., Oswald M.M. and Perold M.D. (2009)., General Practitioner's familiarities, attitude and practices with regard to ADHD in children and adults., South African Family Practice, 51(2), 152-157. https://doi.org/10.1080/20786204.2009.10873832
- Barkley R.A. (2016)., Factsheet on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder., http://www.russellbarkley.org/factsheets/adhd-facts.pdf . 16 November 2016
- National Institute of Mental Health (2016). ADHD: The Basics. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-adhd/index.shtml. 20 December 2018, undefined, undefined
- Mulcahey Ann Mary (2014)., The role of the teacher in the treatment of ADHD., http://www.springer-ld.org/ld-resources/blog/mmulcahey/11/20/2014/role-teacher-treatment-adhd. 2 January 2018
- Soroa M., Gorostiaga A. and Balluerka N. (2013)., Review of tools used for assessing teacher, Creative common attribution licence. Doi 10.5772/54277
- Kerig P.K., Ludlow A. and Wenar C. (2012)., Developmental Psychopathology., McGraw-Hill publishing company, UK, 1-858. ISBN:978-0077131210.
- Suleiman M.E. (2015)., Primary school teachers' knowledge of ADHD in Beni-Suef governorate in Egypt., The Islamic University of Educational and Psychological Studies Journal, 23(1), 98-121.
- Lee Y. (2015)., Teachers' attitudes, knowledge, and classroom management strategies regarding students with ADHD: A cross-cultural comparison of teachers in South Korea and Germany (Unpublished doctoral dissertation)., University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany.
- Anto Riya and Jacob Vineetha (2014)., Effectiveness of self instructional module on knowledge of teachers regarding childhood ADHD., IOSR-JNHS, 3(1), 33-36. www.iosrjournals.org