Kinetic and mechanistic study of ciprofloxacin in aqueous alkaline medium
- 1Department of Chemistry, Janki Devi Bajaj Government Girls College, Kota-324001, Rajasthan, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, Janki Devi Bajaj Government Girls College, Kota-324001, Rajasthan, India
- 3Department of Chemistry, Janki Devi Bajaj Government Girls College, Kota-324001, Rajasthan, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 7, Issue (4), Pages 6-12, April,2 (2018)
The existence of fluoroquinolone drugs in environment, may harmful to the human health. Hence the present study aimed to oxidative degradation of antibacterial drug ciprofloxacin by hexacyanoferrate(III) (HCF) in aqueous alkali medium at 40&
- Zhang H. and Haung C.H. (2005)., Oxidative Transformation of Fluoroquinolone Antibacterial Agents and Structurally Related Amines by Manganese Oxide., Environ. Sci. Technol, 39(12), 4474-4483.
- Dasgupta G. and Mahanti K. (1986)., Kinetics of oxidation of anilines by alkaline hexacyanoferrate (III)., Oxidation of N- alkyl side chains, Fr. Bull. Soc. Chim., 4, 492-496.
- Farokhi S.A., Nandibewoor S.T. (2003)., Kinetic, mechanistic and spectral studies for the oxidation of sulfanilic acid by alkaline hexacyanoferrate (III)., Tetrahedrone, 59(38), 7595-7602.
- Nowduri A., Adari K.K., Gollapalli N.R. and Parvataneni V. (2009)., Kinetics and mechanism of oxidation of l-cystine by hexacyanoferrate (III) in alkaline medium., Journal of Chemistry, 6(1), 93-98.
- Kelson E.P. and Phengsy P.P. (2000)., Kinetic study of 2‐propanol and benzyl alcohol oxidation by alkaline hexacyanoferrate (III) catalyzed by a terpyridyl ruthenium complex., International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 32(12), 760-770.
- Vovk A.I., Murav, Kinetics of oxidation of vitamin B-1 and its O-acyl analogs with ferricyanide. A mechanistic model of thiamin-binding protein., Russian Journal of General Chemistry, 70(7), 1108-1112.
- Speakman P.T. and Waters W.A. (1955)., Kinetic features of the oxidation of aldehydes, ketones and nitroparaffins with alkaline ferricyanide., Journal of the Chemical Society (Resumed), 40-45.
- Singh V.N., Gangwar M.C., Saxena B.B.L. and Singh M.P. (1969)., Kinetics and mechanism of the oxidation of formaldehyde by hexacyanoferrate (III) ion., Canadian Journal of Chemistry, 47(6), 1051-1056.
- Al-Subu M.M. (1992)., Kinetics and mechanism of oxidation of diallylamine by alkaline hexacyanoferrate (III)., An-Najah University Journal for Research, 7, 37-44.
- Nath N. and Singh L.P. (1985)., Kinetics and mechanism of ruthenium(III)-catalyzed oxidation of benzylamine by hexacyanoferrate (III) in alkaline medium., J. Indian Chem. Soc., 62(2), 108-111.
- Wang P., He Y.L. and Huang C.H. (2010)., Oxidation of fluoroquinolone antibiotics and structurally related amines by chlorine dioxide: reaction kinetics, product and pathway evaluation., water research, 44(20), 5989-5998.
- Guinea E., Brillas E., Centellas F., Cañizares P., Rodrigo M.A. and Sáez C. (2009)., Oxidation of enrofloxacin with conductive-diamond electrochemical oxidation, ozonation and Fenton oxidation. A comparison., Water research, 43(8), 2131-2138.
- Dodd M.C., Shah A.D., von Gunten U. and Huang C.H. (2005)., Interactions of fluoroquinolone antibacterial agents with aqueous chlorine: reaction kinetics, mechanisms and transformation pathways., Environmental Science & Technology, 39(18), 7065-7076.
- Jain A., Jain S. and Devra V. (2015)., Kinetics and mechanism of permanganate oxidation of Ciprofloxacin in aqueous sulphuric acid medium., Int J Pharm Sci Drug Res, 7(2), 205-10.
- Jeffrey G.H., Bassett J., Denny R.C. and Mendham J. (1996)., Vogel's text book of quantitative chemical analysis., 5th edn. ELBS, Longman, Essex, 339.
- Nowduri A., Duggada A.B. and Kurimella V.R. (2014)., Kinetics and mechanism of oxidation of labetalol by hexacyanoferrate (III) in alkaline medium., Int.J. of Scientific Research., 3(2), 131-133.
- Patgar M.B., Nandibewoor S.T. and Chimatadar S.A. (2015)., Spectroscopic investigation of the oxidation of levofloxacin by hexacyanoferrate (III) in aqueous alkaline medium- A Kinetic and Mechanistic approach., Cogent Chemistry, 1(1), 1-14.
- Jagdeesh R.V. and Puttuswammy (2008)., Ru(III), Os(VIII), Pd(II) and Pt(IV) catalyzed oxidation of glycyl-glycine by sodium-N-chloro-p-toulenesulfonamide: Comparative mechanistic aspects and kinetic modelling., J. Phys. Org. Chem., 21(10), 844-858.