Moghcia rouriensis (Cestodeparasite) N.SP from passer domesticus at Rahuri Dist. Ahmednagar, MS, India
- 1Department of Zoology, Arts, Commerce and Science College, Sonai Dist Ahmednagar MS, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 7, Issue (3), Pages 48-50, March,2 (2018)
Survey of cestode parasites from sparrow species like Passer domesticus (Linnaeus) at al from Rahuri Dist Ahmednagar from during January 2015 to December 2015 The present parasite is having scolex large, squrish, broad anteriorly and narrow posteriorly. The suckers are large four in number, rounded to oval. The scolex is fooled by neck, broad interiorly and narrow posteriorly, followed by indistinct segmentation. Estes are five, cirrus pouch regurly alternate, small, eleongated, sub marginally placed. Cirrus straight form vas deference reaches up to the middle of segments. Vagina thin tube runs transversly posterior to cirrus pouch. Seminal receptacle is thin tube opens into ootype. Ovary median, oval located almost towards middle of the segments. The parasite is named after locality Rahuri Dist. Ahmednagar, where the parasite and host found abundant.
- Gaikwad P.M. and Shinde (1981)., On a new species of Mogheia,Lopez (Cestode:Thysanosomatinae) from Shikra at Aurangabad, India., Marathwada Uni.J.Sci., 20(13), 35-36.
- Gupta N.K. and Grewal S.S. (1970)., Anewcestode Raillietina (R.) Indiayana n. sp. From Indian spotted Dove., Res.Bull.Punjab, Uni., 21(3/4), 511-513.
- Gupta S.P. and Kumar P. (1976)., Studies on some nematode parasites of birds from UP. Ind., J. Helminth., 28(2), 86109.
- Brooks D.R., Hoberg E.P. and Houtman A. (1993)., Some Platyhelminths Inhabiting White-Throated Sparrows, Zonotrichia albicollis (Aves: Emberizidae: Emberizinae), from Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada., The Journal of parasitology, 79(4), 610-612.
- Joszt L. (1962)., Helminth parasites of sparrow passer domesticus (L) in the environment of Warszawa., Acta parasitolo polonica, 10, 113-116.
- Yamaguti S. (1935)., Studies on helminth fauna of Japan part I Cetode of Birds Japan., J.Zoo., 6, 1-112.
- Tubangui M.A. and Masilugan V.A. (1937)., Tape. parasites of Philipine Birds., Phillipine J.Sc., 62(4), 409-410.
- Waghmare S.B. and Chavan R.J. (2010)., Some qualitative studies of Carbohydrate metabolites in Cestode parasites of Galus gallus domesticus., Int.J.Para., 2(1), 1-4.
- Cheng Ganghuang (2013)., The studies on Cestode parasites in China.,
- Sofi T.A., Ahmad F. and Sheikh B.A. (2016)., Morphology and Prevalence of Some Helminth Parasites in Gallus domesticus from Gurez Valley of Jammu and Kashmir, India., Journal of Fisheries & Livestock Production, 1-7.