Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using acacia concinna plant extract and their antibacterial activity
- 1Department of Pure, Applied and Chemistry, University of Kota, Kota, Rajasthan, India
- 2Department of Pure, Applied and Chemistry, University of Kota, Kota, Rajasthan, India
- 3Department of Pure, Applied and Chemistry, University of Kota, Kota, Rajasthan, India
- 4Department of Pure, Applied and Chemistry, University of Kota, Kota, Rajasthan, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 7, Issue (3), Pages 43-47, March,2 (2018)
Rapid synthesis of AgNPs by plant of Acacia concinna fruit extract. Synthesis of Ag Nps has been planned as a valuable and eco-friendly approach. This research work are cost effective as well as eco-friendly i.e reduction method using the fruit extract of acacia concinna plant and aqueous silver nitrate solution, for the preparation of the AgNPs. This plant extract act as both reducing and capping agent. The essential ingredients liable variables are triterpenes, flavonoids and eugenol, are present in the fruit extract that used for the formation of AgNPs. After the reduction process silver (Ag+) ions was monitored, it showed the formation of Ag NPs using UV-visible spectrophotometry, which exhibits the absorption peak around at 430 nm. The sizes of nanoparticles were calculated by transmission electron microscopy (TEM) and X-ray diffraction (XRD). In addition, by using Agar-Well Diffusion Method, the antimicrobial activity of synthesized AgNPs was investigated by against Escherichia coli. For the conversion of Ag+ to AgNPs at room temperature, this method could be proved a better substitute to chemical synthesis method without the contribution of any hazardous to environment.
- Nath S.S., Chakdar D., Gope G. and Avasthi D.K. (2008)., Characterizations of CdS and ZnS Quantum Dots Prepared by Chemical Method on SBR Latex., Journal of Nanotechnology Online, 4, 1-6.
- Cao G. (2004)., Nanostructures and Nanomaterials: Synthesis, Properties and Applications., Imperial College Press, London.
- Ahmadipour M., Venkateswara Rao K. and Rajendar V. (2012)., Formation of Nanoscale Mg(x) Fe (1-x) O (x = 0.1, 0.2, 0.4) Structure by Solution Combustion: Effect of Fuel to Oxidizer Ratio., Journal of Nanomaterials.
- Wang X., Zhuang J., Peng Q. and Li Y. (2004)., A General Strategy for Nanocrytsal Synthesis., Nature, 437, 121-124.
- Xu B. and Kevan L. (1991)., Formation of silver ionic clusters and silver metal particles in zeolite rho studied by electron spin resonance and far-infrared spectroscopies., The Journal of Physical Chemistry, 95(3), 1147-1151.
- Foss C.A., Tierney M.J. and Martin C.R. (1992)., Template Synthesis of Infrared-Transparent Metal Microcylinders: Comparison of Optical Properties with the Predictions of Effective Medium Theory., Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 96(22), 9001-9007.
- Foss C.A., Hornyak G.L., Stockert J.A. and Martin C.R. (1994)., Template-Synthesized Nanoscopic Gold Particles: Optical Spectra and the Effects of Particle Size and Shape., Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 98(11), 2963-2971.
- Bo X. and Kevan L. (1992)., Formation of Alkali Metal Partides in Alkali Metal Cation Exchanged X Zeollte Exposed to Atka Metat Vapor: Control of Metat Particle Identity., Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 96, 2642-2645.
- Bao Q., Zhang D. and Qi P. (2011)., Synthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticle and graphene oxide nanosheet composites as a bactericidal agent for water disinfection., J Colloid Interface Sci., 360(2), 463-470.
- Muthukrishnan S., Bhakya S., Kumar T.S. and Rao M.V. (2015)., Biosynthesis, characterization and antibacterial effect of plant-mediated silver nanoparticles using Ceropegia thwaitesii-An endemic species., Ind Crops Prod., 63, 119-124.
- Nithya Deva Krupa A. and Raghavan V. (2014)., Biosynthesis of Silver Nanoparticles Using Aegle marmelos (Bael) Fruit Extract and Its Application to Prevent Adhesion of Bacteria: A Strategy to Control Microfouling., Bioinorg Chem Appl, 8.
- Fayaz A.M., Balaji K., Girilal M., Yadav R., Kalaichelvan P.T. and Venketesan R. (2010)., Biogenic synthesis of silver nanoparticles and their synergistic effect with antibiotics: a study against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria., Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine, 6(1), 103-109.