Simultaneous validation of amoxicillin trihydrate and carbocisteine in pharmaceutical dosage by reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography
- 1Central Research Laboratory, Chemistry, D.G. Ruparel College, Dept. of Chemistry, Matunga, Mumbai-400 016, India
- 2Central Research Laboratory, Chemistry, D.G. Ruparel College, Dept. of Chemistry, Matunga, Mumbai-400 016, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 7, Issue (3), Pages 8-13, March,2 (2018)
For validation of amoxicillin trihydrate and carbocisteine from the formulation i.e. capsules, a RP-HPLC method is developed. The amoxicillin trihydrate and carbocisteine were resolved on a BDS hypersil C18 (150 x 4.6 mm i.d.) 5 µ particle size. The water and methanol in the ratio of 80: 20 % (v/v) constituted as mobile phase with detection wavelength as 220 nm. The column BDS hypersil C18 was found to be most suitable for chromatographic separation. The parameters for robustness were validated. The linear ranges amoxicillin trihydrate as 125 - 375 and carbocisteine at 75 - 225 &
- Nadimintri A., Gunda A., Tupally K.R., Lakshmi A.P., Jakka K. and Nagubandi A.S. (2012)., Simultaneous estimation of amoxillcine trihydrate and carbocisteine drug present in formulation by RP-HPLC method and its validation., Journal of pharmacy research, 5(4), 1889-1895.
- Sarode S.K., Pise S.T., Dhore P., Mundhada D.R. and Bhaskaran S. (2013)., Development of analytical method for simultaneous estimation of amoxicillin and carbocisteine in solid dosage form by RP-HPLC., BioMedRx., 1(4), 360-362.
- Vispute A.C., Patil V.A. and Patil D.A. (2013)., RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of amoxicillin and carbocisteine in dosage forms., Pharmacia Lettre, 5, 327-333.
- Rele R.V. and Rane D.G. (2017)., Validation of Carbocisteine by Reversed Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography Method from Active Pharmaceutical Dosage Form., International Journal of ChemTech Research, 10(5), 583-589.
- Rele R.V. and Mali R.N. (2013)., Simultaneous determination of amoxicillin trihydrate and bromhexine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical dosage by reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography., Der. Pharma. Chemica, 5(1), 273-278.
- Rele R.V. and Patil S.P. (2010)., Reversed Phase High Pressure Liquid Chromatography Technique for Determination of Carbocisteine from Pharmaceutical Formulation., J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 2(4), 24-30.
- Rele Rajan V. (2014)., Simultaneous UV-Spectrophotometric Estimation of Amoxicillin and Carbocisteine by Area under Curve Method in Combined Dosage Form., Der Pharmacia Lettre, 6(5), 1-7.
- Rele R.V. (2014)., Simultaneous Spectrophotometric Estimation of Amoxicillin and Carbocisteine by First Order Derivative Spectroscopy Method in Combined Dosage Form., Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry, 7(4), 412.
- Rele Rajan V. (2014)., Simultaneous spectrophotometric estimation of amoxicillin and carbocisteine by second order derivative spectroscopy method in combined dosage form., International Journal of chemical sciences, 12(4), 1587-1595.
- Rele R.V. (2017)., Derivative Spectrophotometric Estimation of Amoxicillin Trihydrate and Carbocisteine by Third Order Derivative Spectroscopy method in Combined Dosage Form., Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 10(6), 1758-1761.
- Rele Rajan V. (2014)., Spectrophotometric Estimation of Carbocisteine in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by Second Order Derivative Method., Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 6(10), 118-122.
- Rele Rajan V. and Patil Sachin S. (2013)., Spectrophotometric Estimation of Carbocisteine in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by First Order Derivative and Area under Curve Methods., Asian J. Research Chem., 6(3), 236-240.