Waste water treatment by up flow anaerobic sludge blanket technology
- 1School of Energy and Environmental Studies, DAVV, Indore, MP, India
- 2UPSD Service, Blue Star Limited, Indore, MP, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 7, Issue (11), Pages 9-15, November,2 (2018)
The water quality monitoring is necessary for the management of river pollution in urban areas .The Khan River is main water body of urban area of Indore city in M.P., which is affected by river Saraswati, Pipllykhan Nala and Palasia Nala that are of 300mm to 1600mm dial. The total length of sewer line is 47km this was laid by I.D.A. under O.D.A. project. A main sewer line of 1200mm dial, which is passing through Indore city up to Kabit Khedi sewage treatment plant. The capacity of plant is 78MLD (in 2012). In this study, the treatment of waste water by up flow anaerobic sludge blanket technology (UASB) to examine the different analytical parameters of waste water like PH value, TSS, BOD and COD. For this purpose physico-chemical and biological methods are used due to minimum temperature of waste water was 230C, PH-6.0 - 8.5, TSS- 400 + 100 mg/lit, BOD-<200 + 25mg/lit and COD - < 360+50mg/lit etc. Results of the sample water and treated water obtained from the UASB technique have been compared with results of the M.P. Pollution Control Board Report. UASB based 78 MLD follows a complex microorganism to convert organic compounds into Methane and Carbon dioxide.
- Rao B.S. (1972)., A low cost waste treatment method for the disposal of distillery waste (spent wash)., wat. Res., 6, 1275-1282.
- Khruslova T.N. and Kolomiet D.M. (1974)., Use of fodder yeast slops from alcohol factories for irrigation and fertilization of seeding ferment., Spirit. Prom., 4, 40.
- Duval P. (1976)., New process for pretreating organic waste from distillery or other sources without catalyst additions., Ind.Aliment Agril., 93, 1351.
- Bieske G.C. (1979)., Agriculture use of Dunder., Proc. A.S.S.C.T: 1
- Subba Rao B. (1980)., Distillary Effluent treatment AWPC., Tech Annual VI and VII, 83.
- Varshney C.K. (1980)., Water Pollution and management Review., South Asian Publish Pvt. Ltd. Newgjiuo Delhi.
- VanLoon G.W. and Duffy S.J. (2017)., Environmental chemistry: a global perspective., Oxford university press.
- Kudesia V.P. (1996)., Industrial pollution., Pragati Prakashan (3rd ed.) Begum Bridge Meerut-25001 (India).
- Lacky J.S. (1942)., The bjm effect of distillery waste and water on the microscopic flora and fauna of a small creek., Pub. Heal Rep., 57, 253-260.
- David A. (1956)., Studies on pollution of river Daha (N, Bihar) by sugar and distillery wastes., Ind., Jr. Env. Heal, 8, 6-35.
- Gadre R.V. (1982)., Studies on the microbial degradation of distillery waste (spent wash)., Ph.D. Thesis University of Poona, Indian.
- Wadhwani H.M. (1983)., Economics of disposal of alcohol effluent (vinesse) by incinerator bioters., Maharastra Sugar, 11, 43-54.
- Edward R.W. (1977)., Pollution Oxford Biology Reader., No.31, Oxford, Oxford University Press.
- Guruswamy A. (1977)., Distillery Waste treatment A case study., Proc.Sem.Ind.Waste, Calcutta.
- Jacman E.A. (1977)., Distillery effluent treatment., In the Brazil National Alcohol Programme, Chem. Eng. (London), 319, 339-242.
- Jenke D.R. and Diebold F.E. (1985)., Computer simulation of an industrial wastewater treatment process., Water Research, 19(6), 719-724.
- Patil J.D., Arabatti S.V. and Hapse D.G. (1987)., A review of some aspects of distillery spent wash (vinase) utilization in sugar cane., Bartiya sugar, 9-15.
- Kasturi Bai R. (1991)., Methane fermentation a rout to industrial waste treatment chemical industries., News, 3, 291-292.
- Chakrabarti T. (1993)., Legal aspect of hazardous waste management in India., J. Ind Ass Env. Manag., 20, 1-5.
- Sinha S.K. (1993)., Physico-chemical characteristics of effluent discharged from Lohat sugar factory in Bihar., Environment and ecology. Kalyani, 11(2), 265-268.
- Srivastava A.K. (1988)., Physic chemical and biological characteristics of a sugar factory effluent., J.of Ecol., 15(2), 192-193.
- Handa B.K. and Seth R. (1990)., Waste management in distillery industry., Journal of the Indian Association for Environmental Management, 17, 44-54.
- Bhawalkar U.S. (1990)., National seminar on modernization of conventional India Distilleries based on molasses of Pune., Effuent treatment section EI-6.
- Patil S.S. (1998)., Occurrence and tolerance of algae in distillery waste water., Journal of Industrial Pollution Control, 14, 89-93.
- Shrivastava A. and Pathak A.N. (1998)., Modern Technology for distillery effluent treatment., J. Sci. and Ind. Res., 57, 388-399.
- Gupta Sunil Kumar and Singh (2007)., Gurdeep (Centre of Mining Environment, Indian Scholl of Mines, Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India)., Gupta S.K. (Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai, Maharastra 400076, India.
- Qing Tian and Jihua Chen (2009). Department of Environment Science and Engineering, Dong Hua University 2999 North Renmin Road, Songjiang district, Shanghai 201620, China., undefined, undefined
- Mirsepasi A., Honary H.R., Mesdaghinia A.R., Mahvi A. H., Vahid H. and Karyab H. (2006)., Performance evaluation of full scale UASB reactor in treating stillage wastewater., Iranian Journal of Environmental Health, Science and Engineering, 3(2), 79-84.
- Harendranath C.S., Singh A. and Sharma R. (1998)., UASB Technology for sewage and industrial waste water., J. Poll. Con., 14(2), 113-122.