Role of ethnography in research
- 1CHH. Shahu Institute of Business Education and Research (CSIBER), University Road, Kolhapur, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (5), Pages 42-44, May,2 (2017)
Country is moving to words ‘digitization’ where in ‘Internet ethnography’ is playing an important role. Ethnography means description of people or culture. Presently Ethnography research is playing an important role in social sciences and Management Research. This paper deals with Theoretical description of ethnographic research.
- Briony J. Oates (2006)., Researching Information Systems and Computing., London: Sage Publications.
- Vermeulen H. (2008)., Early History of Ethnograph and Ethnolog in the German Enlightenment: Anthropological Discourse in Europe and Asia, 1710-1808., Leiden: Privately published.
- Gini C. and Mead M. (1943)., Coming of age in Samoa: A study of adolescence and sex in primitive societies., Genus: 6, 452-454.
- Bentley R., Hughes J.A., Randall D., Rodden T., Sawyer P., Shapiro D. and Sommerville L. (1992)., Ethnographically-informed system design for air traffic control., In CSCW’ 92. ACM 1992 conference on computer-supported cooperative work: Sharing perspectives. New York : ACM Press, 123-129.
- Geertz C. (1973)., The interpretation of cultures., New York: Basic Books.
- Denscombe M. (2003)., The good research guide for small-scale social research projects (2nd ed.) Maidenhead., Open University Press.
- Zuboff S. (1988)., In the age of the smart machine., New York: Basic Books.
- Trauth E.M. (2012)., The culture of an information economy. Influence and impacts in the Republic of Ireland., Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic.
- Evans-Pritchard E.E. (1950)., Witchraft, oracles and magic among the Azende., Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Morgan G. (1997)., Images of Organization (2nd revised ed.)., Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Philipsen G. (1992)., Speaking Culturally: Explorations in Social Communication., Albany, New York: State University of New York Press.
- Robinson H. and Sharp H.C. (2003)., An ethnography of XP practice., In Proceedings of EASE/PPIG Conference April 2003 (pp.15-28). Keele: University of Keele.
- Sanday P.R. (1979)., The ethnographic paradigms., Administrative Science Quarterly, 24(4), 527-538.
- Schultze U. (2001)., A confessional account of an ethnography about knowledge work., MIS Quarterly, 24(1), 3-41.