Studies on Copper (II), Nickel (II), and Cobalt (II) complexes of some new 2- hydroxychalcones and evaluation their antimicrobial activity
- 1P.G. Research Center, Department of Chemistry, Yeshwant Mahavidyalaya, Nanded-431602 (MS), India
- 2P.G. Research Center, Department of Chemistry, Yeshwant Mahavidyalaya, Nanded-431602 (MS), India
- 3Hodiedah University, Education College, Yemen
- 4P.G. Research Center, Department of Chemistry, Yeshwant Mahavidyalaya, Nanded-431602 (MS), India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (5), Pages 11-21, May,2 (2017)
After having prepared a new series of Cu(II), Co(II) and Ni(II)complexes with 2-Hydroxy chalcone as ligand, the structures of these synthesized complexes is verified by using spectroscopic methods and elemental analysis. UV-Visible and IR spectra recorded of these prepared complexes, moreover the structures of complexes were confirmed by magnetic moments and molar conductance in DMSO. All these complexes are non electrolytes as the conductivity data confirms. In addition Analytical data confirmed were 1:2 stoichiometry. According to the suggestion of electronic spectral data the geometry of Cu(II) complexes is square planar and octahedral geometry for all Ni(II) and Co(II) complexes. From the antimicrobial screening done it shows enhanced activity of metal complexes as compared to their corresponding ligands.
- Straub Thomas S. (1995)., Epoxidation of α, β-unsaturated ketones with sodium perborate., Tetrahedron letters., 36(5), 663-664.2.
- Sandler S. and Karo W. (1972)., Organic Functional Group Preparations., New York: Academic Press. 3, 372.3.
- Bergmann Ernst. D, Ginsburg David and Pappo Raphael (1959)., The Michael Reaction., Organic reactions., 10, 179.4.
- Xue C.X., Cui S.Y., Liu M.C., Hu Z.D. and Fan B.T. (2004)., 3D QSAR studies on antimalarial alkoxylated and hydroxylated chalcones by CoMFA and CoMSIA., European journal of medicinal chemistry., 745-753.5.
- Anto R.J., Sugumaran K., Kuttan G., Rao M.N.A., Subbaraju V. and Kuttan R. (1995)., Anticancer and antioxidant activity of synthetic chalcones and related compounds., Cancer letters., 97(1), 33-37. 6.
- Hsieh H.K., Tsao L.T., Wang J.P. and Lin C.N. (2000)., Synthesis and Anti‐inflammatory Effect of Chalcones., Journal of pharmacy and pharmacology., 52(2), 163-171. 7.
- Omid Sabzevari, Galati Giuseppe, Moridani Majid Y., Siraki Arno and O’Brien Peter J. (2004)., Molecular cytotoxic mechanisms of anticancer hydroxychalcones., Chemico-biological interactions., 148(1), 57-67. 8.
- Botta B., Monache G.D., Rosa M.C. de, Scurria R., Volali A., Vinciguerra V., Menendez P. and Misiti D. (1996)., Studies in cell suspension cultures of cassia didymobotrya. Part VI. The biotransformation of chalcones to aurones and auronols., Heterocycles, 43(7), 1415-1421. 9.
- Zhai L., Chen M., Blom J., Theander T.G., Christensen S.B., Kharazmi A. (1999)., The antileishmanial activity of novel oxygenated chalcones and their mechanism of action., Journal of antimicrobial chemotherapy, 43(6), 793-803.10.
- Zoldakova. M, Kornyei Z., Brown A., Biersack B., Madaràsz E. and Schobert R. (2010)., Effects of a combretastatin A4 analogous chalcone and its Pt-complex on cancer cells: a comparative study of uptake, cell cycle and damage to cellular compartments., Biochemical pharmacology, 80(10), 1487-1496.11.
- Mishra L., Sinha R., Itokawa H., Bastow K.F., Tachibana Y., Nakanishi Y., Kilgore N. and Lee K.H. (2001)., Anti-HIV and cytotoxic activities of Ru (II)/Ru (III) polypyridyl complexes containing 2, 6-(2′-benzimidazolyl)-pyridine/chalcone as co-ligand., Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry, 9(7), 1667-1671.12.
- Prajapati R., Dubey S.K., Gaur R., Koiri R.K., Maurya B.K., Trigun S.K. and Mishra L. (2010)., Structural characterization and cytotoxicity studies of ruthenium (II)–dmso–chloro complexes of chalcone and flavone derivatives., Polyhedron, 29(3), 1055-1061.13.
- Muthukumar M. and Viswanathamurthi P. (2010), Spectral, catalytic, and antifungal studies of ruthenium(II) chalcone complexes., J. Coord. Chem, 63(7), 1263-1272.14.
- Sumathi S., Tharmaraj P., Sheela C.D. and Ebenezer R. (2011)., Synthesis, spectral, bioactivity, and NLO properties of chalcone metal complexes., J. Coord. Chem, 64(10), 1707-1717.15.
- Geary W.J. (1971)., The use of conductivity measurements in organic solvents for the characterisation of coordination compounds., Coordination Chemistry Reviews, 7(1), 81-122.16.
- Nakamoto K. (1978)., Infrared and Raman Spectra of Inorganic Coordination Compounds., New York, Wiley and sons., 229.17.
- Dhar D.N. and Gupta V.P. (1971)., Infrared Studies Of Some Substituted Chalkones., Indian Journal of Chemistry, 9(8), 818.18.
- Rao T.S.R., Reddy K.L. and Lingaiah P. (1988)., Synthesis and structural studies of complexes of Co (II), Ni (II), Cu (II), Zn (II) and Cd (II) with substituted chalcones., Journal of Chemical Sciences, 100(5), 363-373. 19.
- Venugopal P. and Krishnakuty K. (1997)., Synthesis and characterisation of cobalt-, nickel-, copper-and zinc (II) complexes of morin., Journal of the Indian Chemical Society, 74(7), 562-563.20.
- Palaniandavar M. and Natarajan C. (1980)., Cobalt (II), nickel (II) and copper (II) complexes of some 2, Australian Journal of Chemistry, 33(4), 737-745. 21.
- Khulbe R.C., Bhoon Y.K. and Singh R.P. (1981)., Copper (Ii) And Nickel (Ii) Complexes Of Isatin-3, 2, Journal Of The Indian Chemical Society, 58(9), 840-843.22.
- Sharma P.K., Sen A.K. and Dubey S.N. (1994)., Synthetic, Spectral And Thermal Studies Of Cobalt(Ii), Nickel(Ii), Zinc(Ii) And Cadmium(Ii) Complexes With Amino-Acid Schiff-Bases., Indian journal of chemistry, Sect. A: Inorganic, physical, theoretical & analytical, 33, 1031-1033.23.
- Makode J.T. and Aswar A.S. (2003)., Transition metal complexes of Bis(S-methyldithiocarbazate) resdiacetophenone (BSMZRD)., J. Indian Chem. Soc , 80(1), 44-46. 24.
- Sakaguchi U. and Addison A.W. (1979)., Spectroscopic and redox studies of some copper(II) complexes with biomimetic donor atoms: implications for protein copper centres., Journal of the Chemical Society, Dalton Transactions, 4, 600-608. 25.
- Daniel V.P., Murukan B., Kumari B.S. and Mohanan K. (2008)., Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization, electrochemical behaviour, reactivity and antibacterial activity of some transition metal complexes with 2-(N-salicylideneamino)-3-carboxyethyl-4,5-dimethylthiophene., Spectrochimica Acta, Part A, 70(2), 403-410. 26.
- Romanowski S.M.D.M., Tormena F., Santos Dos V.A., Hermann M.D.F. and Mangrich A.S. (2004)., Solution studies of copper (II) complexes as a contribution to the study of the active site of galactose oxidase., Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society, 15(6), 897-903. 27.
- Kivelson D. and Neiman R. (1961)., ESR Studies on the Bonding in Copper Complexes, The Journal of Chemical Physics, 35(1), 149-155. 28., undefined
- Procter I.M., Hathaway B.J. and Nicholls P. (1968)., The electronic properties and stereochemistry of the copper(II) ion. Part I. Bis (ethylene di amine) copper(II) complexes., J. Chem. Soc A, 1678-1684. 29.
- Barry A.L. (1991)., Procedure and theoretical consideration for testing antimicrobial agents in agar media., 5th Edn, William Wilkins Baltimore.