Impact of seed dressers in management of sucking pest complex infesting Okra
- 1Department of Entomology, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur-416 004, MS, India
- 2Department of Entomology, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur-416 004, MS, India
- 3Department of Entomology, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur-416 004, MS, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (5), Pages 1-5, May,2 (2017)
Among the newer insecticides tested for their efficacy as seed dressers against sucking pests of okra viz., leafhoppers, aphids, whiteflies and thrips, results revealed that clothianidin 600 FS @ 9ml/kg seed was significantly superior in reducing population of sucking pests and was at par with imidacloprid 70 WS @ 10g/kg seed. This was followed by clothianidin 600 FS @ 7ml/kg seed and thiamethoxam 70 WS. Clothianidin 600 FS @ 9ml/kg seed recorded 90.79, 92.83, 88.1, 85.7 per cent reduction over untreated control against leafhoppers, aphids, whiteflies and thrips respectively and also recorded maximum marketable yield of okra fruits (58.9 q/ha) with 98.96 per cent increase over untreated control.
- Chaudhary H.R. and Dadheech L.N. (1989)., Incidence of insects attacking okra and avoidable losses caused by them., Ann. Arid zone.28(3-4), 305-307.
- Neeraja G., Vijaya M., Chiranjeevi C. and Gautam B. (2004)., Screening of okra hybrids against pests and diseases., Indian J.Pl. Protec., 32(1), 129-131.
- Singh G. and S.K.Kaushik (1990.), Comparative efficiency of sampling techniques for jassid population estimation on okra., Indian J. Ecol., 17(1), 58-60.
- Udikeri S.S., Patil S.B., Naik Krishna L. and Rachappa V. (2007)., Poncho-600FS- Anew seed dressing formulation for the sucking pest management in cotton., Karnataka J.Agric.Sci., 20(1), (51-53).
- Sinha. S.R. and R.K.Sharma (2008.), Utilization of some novel insecticide schedules in insect pest management of okra (Abelmoschus esculentus). J. Pesticide Research, 20(2), 234-236., undefined
- Das S.B. and O.P. Veda (2005)., Integrated management of insect pests of cotton., Crop care, 31(2), 67-70.
- Rana S.C., Singh P.B., Pandita V.K. and Sinha S.N. (2006)., Evaluation of insecticides as seed treatment for control of early sucking pests in seed crop of okra., Ann.Pl.Protec.Sci., 14(2), 364-367.
- Patil B.V. and Rajanikanth R. (2004)., New class of insecticides mode of action and their bio-efficacy., Paper presented in Int.Symp.Strat.Sust.Cotton Prod., A Gloal vision, 23-25.
- Day P.K., Jana S.K., Chakraorthy G. and Somachoudhary A.K. (2005)., Evaluation of Imidacloprid (70WS and 20SL) against sucking pest of okra, Abelmoschus esculentus., J. Ent. Res., 29(3), 215-218.
- Chinniah C. and Ali K.A. (2000)., Relative efficacy of insecticides/acaricides against sucking pests of okra., Pest Mangt. And Econ Zool, 8(2), 111-116.
- Kale J.V., Wadnerkar D.W., Zanwar P.R. and Sangle P.D. (2005)., Bioefficacy of newer insecticides against insect pests of okra., Pestology, 29(8), 9-12.
- Krishna L. Naik, Nimbal F., Guruprasad G.S. Patil. S.B., Udikeri S.S. and Rachappa V. (2007)., Dantop: A promising new molecule for management of cotton sap feeding insects., Karnataka J.Agric.Sci., 20(1), (47).