Photoluminescence spectroscopy of monoclinic SrAl2O4 phosphor
- 1Department of Applied Physics, Bhilai Institute of Technology (Seth Balkrishan Memorial), Near Bhilai House, Durg (C.G.) Pin-491001, India and Department of Chemistry, Shri Shanakaracharya Vidhyalya Hudco (C.G.), Pin-490006, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, Shri Shanakaracharya Vidhyalya Hudco (C.G.), Pin-490006, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (4), Pages 28-31, April,2 (2017)
Photoluminescence behaviour of monoclinic SrAl2O4 was studied for nano size strontium aluminate SrAl2O4, which was synthesized via solution combustion method (CSM). Structural and morphological properties were confirmed by X-ray diffraction and electron microscopic analysis including scanning electron microscopic method. The crystal size was obtained between 12-19 nm. The emission spectrum was recorded under 254 nm excitation and consist peaks in UV and visible region. The peak in UV region is intense then visible emissions.
- Sahu I.P.. Bisen D.P., Brahme N., Tamrakar R.K. and Shrivastava R. (2015), Luminescence studies of dysprosium doped strontium aluminate white light emitting phosphor by combustion route., J Mater Sci: Mater Electron, 26(11), 8824-8839.
- Song H., Chen D., Tang W., Peng Y. (2008), Synthesis of SrAl2O4: Eu2+, Dy3+, Gd3+ phosphor by combustion method and its phosphorescence properties., Displays, 29(1) 41-44.
- Zhao C., Chen D., Yuan Y. and Wu M. (2006)., Synthesis of Sr4Al14O25: Eu2+, Dy3+ phosphor nanometer powders by combustion processes and its optical properties., Mater. Sci. Eng. B, 133(1), 200-204.
- Foka K.E., Dejene F.B. and Swart H.C. (2014)., Photoluminescence properties of Ce3+ doped SrAl2O4 prepared using the solution combustion method., Phys. B, 439, 177-180.
- Tamrakar R.K. and Bisen D.P. (2013)., Combustion synthesis and optical properties of ceria doped gadolinium oxide nano powder., AIP Conf. Proc., 1536(1), 273-274. doi: 10.1063/1.4810206.
- Tamrakar R.K., Bisen D.P. and Brahme N. (2014)., Characterization and luminescence properties of Gd2O3 phosphor., Research on Chemical Intermediates, 40(5), 1771-1779.
- Tamrakar R.K., Bisen D.P. and Brahme N. (2014)., Comparison of photoluminescence properties of Gd2O3 phosphor synthesizedby combustion and solid state reaction method., Journal of Radiation Research and Applied Sciences, 7(4), 550-559.
- Tamrakar R.K., Tiwari N., Kuraria R.K., Bisen D.P., Dubey V. and Upadhyay K. (2015)., Effect of annealing temperature on thermoluminescence glow curve for UV and gamma ray induced ZrO2:Ti phosphor., Journal of Radiation Research and Applied Sciences, 8(1), 1-10.
- Tamrakar R.K., Bisen D.P. and Upadhyay K. (2015)., Effect of annealing on down-conversion properties of monoclinic Gd2O3:Er3+ nanophosphors., Luminescence , 30(6), 812-817.
- Tamrakar R.K., Bisen D.P., Sahu I.P. and Bramhe N. (2014)., Raman and XPS studies of Combustion Route Synthesized Monoclinic Phase Gadolinium Oxide phosphors., Advance Physics Letter, 1(1), 1-5.
- Tamrakar R.K., Bisen D.P. and Sahu I.P. (2014)., Structural Characterization of Combustion Synthesized Gd2O3 Nanopowder by Using Glycerin as Fuel., Advance Physics Letter, 1(1), 6-9.
- Guinier A. (1963)., X-ray diffraction, Freeman., San Francisco.
- Tamrakar R.K. (2012)., Studies on Absorption Spectra of Mn Doped CdS Nanoparticles, (LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, VerlAg., ISBN 978-3-659-26222-7.