Bioremediation of crude oil in synthetic mineral salt medium enriched with bacterial consortium and sapindus mukorossi
- 1Department of Botany, The Standard Fireworks Rajaratnam college for Women, Sivakasi,Virudhunagar, Tamilnadu, India
- 2Department of Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology, Ayya Nadar Janki Ammal College, Sivakasi, Virudhunagar, Tamilnadu, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (3), Pages 38-39, March,2 (2017)
Soil pollution with crude oil is one of the major environmental problem today. Crude oil is a mixture of hydrocarbons which leads reduction in soil microflora. Hence, a necessary step has to be taken to remove oil pollutants from the soil. Several assays were performed to reduce crude oil contaminated soil in lab scale. Bacterial consortium along with Sapindus mukorossi absorbtion studies was performed. It has improved the remediation process upto 70%.
- Usharani K., Sreejina K., Sruthi T. and Vineeth T. (2016)., Diesel Oil Utilization Efficiency of Selective Bacterial Isolates from Automobile Workshop and Thesjaswini River of Kerala., Pollution Spring, 2(2), 221-232.
- Chang W.N, Liu C.W. and Liu H.S. (2009)., Hydrophobic cell surface and bioflocculation behavior of Rhodococcus erythropolis., Process Biochem, 44(9), 955-962.
- Dziegielewska E. and Adamczak M. (2013)., Evaluation of waste products in the synthesis of surfactants by yeasts., Chem. Pap., 67(9), 1113-1122.
- Kasai R., Fujino H., Kuzuki T., Wrong W.H., Goto C., Yata N. et al. (1986)., Acyclic sesquiterpene oligoglycosides from pericarps of Sapindus mukorossi., Phytochemistry, 25(4), 871-876.
- Makkar R.S., Cameotra S.S. and Banat I.M. (2011)., Advances in utilization of renewable substrates for biosurfactant production., AMB express, 1(1), 1-5.
- Mukherjee S., Das P. and Sen R. (2006)., Towards commercial production of microbial surfactants., Trends Biotechnol., 24(11), 509-515.
- Rodrigues L., Banat I.M., Teixeira J. and Oliveira R. (2006)., Biosurfactants: Potential applications in medicine., J. Antimicrob. Chem., 57(4), 609-618.
- Shavandi M., Mohebali G., Haddadi A., Shakarami H. and Ashrafossadat N. (2011)., Emulsification potential of a newly isolated biosurfactant producing bacterium, Rhodococcus strain TA6., Collids Surf B, 82(2), 477-482.
- Zi-Jing Tian, Li-Yuan Chen, Da-Hui Li, Hao-Ying Pang, Shuo Wu., Jin-Biao Liu and Lei Huang (2016)., Characterization of a Biosurfactant-producing Strain Rhodococcus sp. HL-6., Romanian Biotechnological Letters, 21(4), 11650-11659.