Phytoplankton population in relation to physico-chemical properties of River Tapi, Surat, Gujarat, India
- 1Dept. of Aquatic Biology, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat, Gujarat, India
- 2Dept. of Aquatic Biology, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat, Gujarat, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (3), Pages 35-37, March,2 (2017)
Monthly variation in Phytoplankton population in relation to Physico-Chemical properties of Tapi river was analysed from September-2015 to February -2016. Water samples and plankton samples were collected from two pre-selected sites. Water samples were analyzed for Temperature, pH, Nitrate, Nitrite, Silicate and Phosphate by using standard methods. Quantitative estimation of Phytoplankton was done by using standard method. Pearson correlation was calculated among the various Physico-Chemical variables and Phytoplankton density.
- Fouzia Ishaq, D.R. Khanna and Aamir Khan (2013)., Physico-chemical and phytoplanktonic characteristics of river Tons at Dehradun(Uttarakhand), India., Journal of Applied and Natural Science, 5(2), 465-474.
- Sharma D.K. and Singh R.P. (2013)., Correlation between Physico-Chemical parameters and Phytoplankton of Tighra reservoir, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh., International Journal of security and Networks, 4(1), 90-95.
- Das M. and Panda T. (2010)., Water quality and Phytoplankton population in sewage Fed river of Mahanadi., Journal of Life scince, 2(2), 81-85.
- Komala H.P., Nanjundaswamy L. and Devi Prasad A.G. (2013)., An assessment of plankton diversity and abundance of Arkavathi River with reference to pollution., Advance in applied Science Research, 4(2), 320-324.
- Bimbisar D. Waghmare and A.N. Kulkarni (2015)., An Assessment of Phytoplankton Population and Seasonal variation in Lendi River,District Nanded, Maharashtra, India., Intrnational Journal of Science and Research, 4(12), 936-940.
- Sharma Jyoti, Parashar Alka, Bagre Pratibha and Qayoom Imtiyaz (2015)., Phytoplanktonic diversity and its relation to Physico-Chemical Parameters of water at Dogarwada ghat of River Narmada., Current world Environment, 10(1), 206-214.
- Sarode P.T. and Kamat N.D. (1984)., Freshwater diatoms of Maharashtra., Saikrupa Prakasan.
- Desikachary T.V. (1959)., Cyanophyta., Indian council of Agriculture Research, New Delhi.
- APHA (2005)., Standard Method for the Examination of Water and Wastewater., American Public Health Association.