Dissolution study and method validation of alprazolam by high performance liquid chromatography method in pharmaceutical dosage form
- 1Central research Laboratory, D.G. Ruparel College, Matunga, Mumbai-400016, India
- 2Central research Laboratory, D.G. Ruparel College, Matunga, Mumbai-400016, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (3), Pages 13-18, March,2 (2017)
Dissolution study was carried for alprazolam tablets containing 0.25 mg of active pharmaceutical ingredient. From the solubility study, conditions selected for paddle was 100 rpm, using 500 ml potassium dihydrogen phosphate of pH 6.8 at temperature as 37°C. These conditions are useful for % release of alprazolam coated 0.25 mg. The validation of dissolution of alprazolam was achieved on symmetyshield RP8 (150 x 3.9 mm i.d, 5 µ.) column was most suitable for dissolution study with mixture of (60:40 % v/v) of buffer and acetonitrile as mobile phase. A 0.1 % orthophosphoric acid was used as a buffer and to tri-ethylamine was used to adjust the pH 3.0 of buffer. The potassium dihydrogen phosphate of pH 6.8 was used as a diluent. The detector wavelength was set at 225 nm. Flow rate was adjusted at 0.8 ml/min. The validation of method was performed as per ICH guidelines. The linearity was found between 50- 150% with coefficient of co-relation was 0.996. The % RSD of precision was 0.66%.
- Pérez-Lozano P., Garc´ıa-Montoya E., Orriols A., Miñarro M., Ticó J.R. and Suñé-Negre J.M. (2004)., Development and validation of a new HPLC analytical method for the determination of alprazolam in tablets., Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 34(5), 979-987.
- Rele Rajan V. (2016)., Development of analytical method by RP-HPLC technique for determination of alprazolam in pharmaceutical dosage form., International Journal of PharmTech Research, 9(9), 408-414.
- Kumar Ata Kiran, Mohanakrishna A., Sudheer M., Sai Rajesh K. and Ramalingam P. (2011)., UV Spectrophotometric Method for the estimation of Alprazolam in Tablet Dosage Form., International Journal of ChemTech Research, 3(1), 161-164.
- Shaik Sarfaraz, Ch. Venkata Ramana Readdy and K.M.A. Shareef, (2014)., Method development Validation and determination of Alprazolam in its pharmaceutical dosage by 2,3- dichloro 5,6-dicyano-1,4-benzoquinone., Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 6(9), 411-418.
- Sharma S. and Sharma M.C. (2011)., Method development and validation of UV spectrophotometric method for alprazolam in pharmaceutical dosage form using ferric chloride and indigo carmine., European journal of applied sciences, 3(3), 81-85.
- Rajan V. Rele and Amey Deshpande (2016)., UV spectrophotometric estimation of alprazolam by area under curve and first order derivative methods in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form., Der pharmacia letter, 8(5), 105-110.
- Rajan V. Rele and Amey Deshpande (2016)., UV Spectrophotometric Estimation of Alprazolam by second and third order derivative Methods in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form., Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 8(4), 272-278.
- Venkateswarlu K., Venisetty R.K., Yellu N.R., Keshetty S. and Pai M.G. (2007)., Development of HPTLC-UV absorption densitometry method or the analysis of alprazolam and sertraline in combination and its application in the evaluation of the marketed preparation., Journal of Chromatography, 45(8), 537-543.