Synthesis of 14-imino-11-methyl-9, 13-dioxo-8H-pyrimido [1, 2-a] pyrimido [4, 5-d] pyrimido [2, 1-b] [1, 3] benzothiazole derivatives and evaluation of their biological activity
- 1P.G. Research centre, Department of Chemistry, Yeshwant Mahavidyalaya, Nanded -431602, MS, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (2), Pages 21-24, February,2 (2017)
The broad spectrum biological importance of sulphur and nitrogen containing heterocycles were constantly encouraged chemists to synthesize their large number of derivatives during last few decades. one of the most significant compound among these are benzothiazole derivatives which was found to be biologically and medicinally potent. in this study we condensed a mixture of 3-cyano-2-methylthio-6-methyl-4, 8-dioxo-9H-pyrimido [1, 2-a] pyrimidine and differently substituted benzothiazoles in the incidence of K2CO3 and DMSO as a reaction solvent, to get corresponding 14-imino-11-methyl-9, 13-dioxo-8H-pyrimido [1, 2-a] pyrimido - pyrimido [2, 1-b] [1, 3] benzothiazole derivatives. All the products were confirmed on the basis of IR, 1H NMR and mass spectroscopic techniques and evaluate their biological activity.
- Venkatesh P. and Pandeya S.N. (2009)., Synthesis, characterization and anti-inflammatory activity of some 2-amino benzothiazole derivatives., Int. J. Chem Tech Res., 1(4); 1354-1358.
- Russo F., Romeo G., Santagati N.A., Caruso A., Cutuli V. and Amore D. (1994)., Synthesis of new thienopyrimidobenzothiazoles and thienopyrimidobenzoxazoles with analgesic and antiinflammatory properties., European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 29(7-8), 569-578.
- Shivani Choudhary, Suvarna G. Kini and Muhammad Mubeen. (2013)., Antioxidant activity of novel coumarin substituted benzothiazole derivatives., Der Pharma Chemica, 5(4), 213-222.
- Mariappan G., Prabhat P., Sutharson L., Banerjee J., Patangia U., Nath S. (2012)., Synthesis and Antidiabetic Evaluation of Benzothiazole Derivatives., Journal of the Korean Chemical Society; 56(2), 251-256.
- Singh M.K., Tilak R., Nath G., Awasthi S.K. and Agarwal A. (2013)., Design, synthesis and antimicrobial activity of novel benzothiazole analogs., Eur J Med Chem., 63, 635-644.
- Netalkar Priya P. , Netalkar Sandeep P. , Srinivasa Budagumpi and Revankar Vidyanand K. (2014)., Synthesis, crystal structures and characterization of late ﬁrst row transition metal complexes derived from benzothiazole core: Anti-tuberculosis activity and special emphasis on DNA binding and cleavage property., European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 79, 47-56.
- Kochichiro Y., Katsumi G., Kazuya Y., Tominori M. and Goro T. (1990)., Organic phosphorus compounds. 5.(4-Benzothiazol-2-ylbenzyl) amidophosphonate as potent calcium antagonistic vasodilators., Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 33(8), 2192-2196.
- Tashfeen Akhtar, Shahid Hameed, Najim Al-Masoudi, Roberta Loddo and Paolo Colla (2008)., In vitro antitumor and antiviral activities of new benzothiazole and 1,3,4-oxadiazole-2-thione derivatives., Acta Pharmaceutica; 58(2), 135-149.
- Yaseen A. Al-Soud, Haitham H. Al-Sa’doni, Bahjat Saeed, Ihsan H. Jaber, Mohammad O. Beni-Khalid, Najim A. Al-Masoudi, Tahsin Abdul-Kadir, Paolo La Colla, Bernardetta Busonera, Tiziana Sanna, and Roberta Loddo (2008)., Synthesis and in vitro antiproliferative activity of new benzothiazole derivatives., ARKIVOC, (15), 225-238.
- Suvarna Kini, S.P. Swain and A.M. Gandhi (2007)., Synthesis and evaluation of novel benzothiazole derivatives against human cervical cancer cell lines., Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 69(1), 46-50.
- Vartale Sambhaji P., Kalyankar, Nagesh D., Halikar and Nilesh K. (2013)., Synthesis and Preliminary Antimicrobial Activity of New Pyrimido [4, 5-b]-quinoline and Pyrido [2, 3-d] pyrimidine., Phosphorus, Sulfur, and Silicon. 183(9), 2119-2138.
- Selinay Eriskin, Nesrin Sener, Serkan Yavuz and I˙zzet Sener (2014)., Synthesis, characterization and biological activities of 4-imino-3-arylazo-4H-pyrimido[2,1-b][1,3]benzothiazole-2-oles., Med Chem Res, 23(8), 3733-3743.