The Impact of Amended soil with Cement kiln dust on structure of Epidermal and Stomatal cell of Sorghum bicolor
- 1Department of Botany, SPC Govt. College, Ajmer, India
- 2Department of Botany, SPC Govt. College, Ajmer, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (5), Pages 29-32, May,2 (2016)
This study was undertaken to study the effect of different amount of kiln dust mixed with soil on Sorghum bicolor. The dust was collected from a cement factory located in Beawar. Various elements such as Al, Ca, Cd, Cr, K, Ni, Pb, P, S and Zn were determined both in soil as well as kiln dust. Kiln dust was mixed with soil in pots to make six different treatment, control (no cement kiln dust added) 100g/5kg, 200g/5kg, 300g/5kg, 400g/5kg, 500g/5kg kiln dust in soil. Size of stomata, epidermal cell and stomatal index were found to be reduced on Sorghum bicolor were observed in the pots mixed highest and medium amount of cement kiln dust mixed soil.
- Stern A.C. (1976)., Air pollution, Measurement, Monitoring and Surveillance of Air Pollution, 3rd ed., Academic Press. New York.
- Uysal I., Ozdilek H.G. and Ozturk M. (2011)., Effect of kiln dust from a cement factory on growth of Vicia faba L., Journal of Environmental Biology, 32, 525-530.
- Jain Rashmi and Jain P.L. (2006)., Pollution of Soil Due to cement Factory near Narsingarh, Madhya pradesh., Journal of Environmental Research and Development. 1(2) 151, 154.
- Asubiojo O.I., Aina P.O. and Oluwole A.F. (1991)., Effect of cement production on the elemental composition of soil in the neighbouhood of two cement factories., Water, Air and Soil Pollution, 57-58, 819-828.
- Ade-Ademilua O.E. and Umebese C.E. (2007)., The growth of Phaseolus vulgaris L. CV. Ife Brown (Leguminosae) in a cement site Rich in Heavy Metals., Pakistan Journal of Biological Science, 10(1), 182-185.
- Tiwari S. (2012)., Air pollution induced changes in foliar morphology of two shrub species at Indore city, India., Research Journal of Recent Sciences, 2, 195-199.
- Gupta S. and Sharma S. (2013)., Effect of Heavy Metal Present in Cement Dust on Soil and Plants of Nokha (Bikaner)., Current World Environment, 8(2), 299-30.
- Mukhtar N., Hameed M., Ashraf M. and Ahmed R. (2013)., Modifications in stomatal structure and function in Cenchrus ciliaris and Cynodon dactylon (L.) PERS. in response to Cadimum stress., Pak. J. Bot., 45(2), 351-357.
- Ghelich S. and Zarinkamar F. (2013)., SEM studies of leaf surface structure changes due to Lead toxicity in Hypericum perforatum L., Global Journal of Biodiversity Science and Management, 3(2), 256-263.