Effect of Plant extracts and Neem products and their Combinations against Chilli Fruit borer Helicoverpa armigera
- 1Entomology Division, Department of Zoology, University college of Science, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- 2Entomology Division, Department of Zoology, University college of Science, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (5), Pages 14-23, May,2 (2016)
Investigations on the effect of Plant extracts and Neem products and their combinations on the activity of pests of chilli Fruit borer Helicoverpa armigera carried out during 2012-213 and 2013-2014 kharif seasons at the Karchal village of Medak District, Telangana state. The experiment was laid out in RBD (Randomized Block Design). The spray schedule treatment (T3) was found to be the most effective against the fruit borer H.armigera. In this, 2 sprays of Nimbecidine (NB) (5ml/l) at 2 and 5 WAT (Weeks After Transplanting), 2 sprays of 5% Custard Apple Leaf Extracts (Cae) at 7 and 11 WAT and Neem Oil (NO) (5ml/l) at 9 WAT, were applied, recorded a least fruit borer.
- Vasundararajan M. (1994)., Studies on host plant resistance and biology of chilli thrips, Scirtothrips dorsalis Hood. M. Sc. (Agri.) Thesis, Annamalai University, Annamalai, Tamil Nadu (India).
- Krishna Kumar N.K. (1995)., Crop loss estimation due to chilli thrips Scirtothrips dorsalis in bell pepper., Pest Management in Horticulture Ecosystem, 2(4), 93-98,
- Rajashri M., Reddy G.P.V., Krishnamurthy M.M. and Devaprasad V. (1991)., Bioefficacy of certain newer insecticides including neem products against chilli pest complex., Indian Cocoa Arecanut and Spices Journal, 15, 342-345,
- Manisegaran S., Mohamed Hanifa A and Gopalswamy A. (1995)., Efficacy of synthetic insecticides and plant products in controlling fruit borers of chilli., Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 65(2), 156-157.
- Shivaramu K. (1999)., Investigations on fruit borer Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner) in chilli., Ph. D Thesis, University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, 141,
- Ukey S.P. and Sarode S.V. (2001)., Management of fruit borer and bud borer of chilli through integrated approach., Punjab Rao Deshmukh Krishi Vidhyapeeth, Research Journal, 25(1), 24-29,
- Rosaih R. (2001)., Performance of different botanicals against pests complex of bhendi (okra)., Pestology, 25(4), 17-19.
- Raman G.V., Srinivasa Rao M., Venkateshwarlu B. and Srimannarayana G. (2007)., Field Evaluation of Custard apple Extracts in Ground nut Crop against Spodoptera litura., Indian journal of plant protection, 35, 64.
- Kulkarni K.A and Shekharappa (2002)., Integrated management of chilli fruit borer Helicoverpa armigera Hub. Proceedings of II National Symposium on Integrated Pest Management (IPM) in Horticulture Crops: New Molecules, Biopesticides and Environment, Bangalore, 17-19th October, 59-60.
- Mallapur C.P. (2002)., Management of Chilli Pests with Indigenous Materials., In: Brain Storming Session on Chilli, Indian Institute of Spices Research, Calicut, 8th April, 2002, 10,
- Ravikumar (2004)., Evaluation of organics and indigenous products for the management of Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner) in chilli., M Sc. (Agri) Thesis, University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad.