Mycotaxonomic Study of Two Aplosporella Species from Wardha District, (MS) India
- 1S.P.M. Science and Gilani Arts Commerce College Ghatanji Dist Yavatmal, 445301, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (5), Pages 4-6, May,2 (2016)
During a mycological collection of the coelomycetous fungi from Wardha district (MS), India two new species of the form- genus Aplospoella Speg. were collected. These are growing saprophytically on dry stems of Azadirachta indica L. and on dead stems of Leucaena leucocephala (Lamk) de wit. The fungi were studied in details with respect to its taxonomy and identity. It is proved to be distinct after comparative studies with other known species of Aplosporella including the type species, in morphological characters and dimensions especially in the size of pycnostroma and conidia. Hence, they are described under a new taxon.
- Pande Alka and Rao V.G. (1995)., The genus Aplosporella Speg., (Haplosporella) Coelomycetes from India, Nova Hedvigia, 60, 79–117.
- Ainsworth G.C., Sparrow F.K and Sussman A.S. (1973)., The fungi an advanced Treatise., VOL IV A Taxonomic review with keys; Ascomycetes and fungi Imperfecti, Academic Press New York, 621.
- Barnett H.L and Hunter B.B. (1972)., Illustrated genera of Imperfect fungi, Burgess Publishing Company, P.240.
- Bilgrami K.S. and Jamaluddinand Rizwi M.A. (1991)., Fungi of India list and references, Today and Tomorrow Printer and Publishers, New Delhi. 798.
- Giri R.Y., Bhanja M.R. and Reddy S.M. (1996)., Fungal Disease of Eucalyptus- Indian forester., 122(4), 144–149.
- Jamaluddin S, Goswami M.G and Ojha B.M. (2004)., Fungi of India (1989-2001), Scientific Publisher, India, Jodhpur, 326.
- Ulrike Damm, Paul H. Fourie and Pedro W. Crous. (2007)., Aplosporella prunicola, a novel species of Anamorphic Botryosphaeriaceae, Fungal Diversity, 27, 35–43.
- Kaste P.S. (2014)., Two new species of Aplosporella Speg., From vidarbha (Maharashtra) Biolife. 2(1), 417 – 418.
- Kaste P.S. (2014)., Two undescribed species of Aplosporella Speg., Biolife. 2(1) 415–416.
- Tilak S.T. and Rao R. (1964)., The genus Haplosporella, Mycopath., Mycol. Appl., 24, 362–368.