Shukla Comprehensive Marital Expectation Scale (SCMES)
- 1VKM, BHU, Varanasi, India
- 2VKM, BHU, Varanasi, India
- 3IMS, BHU, Varanasi, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (12), Pages 31-33, December,2 (2016)
In our society marriage is the structure in which people use to create a stable family unit. A man and woman marry with the intention of staying together for life and within that bond they usually have children and raise them. Marriage itself is easy but the associations with it are too complex to carry. The challenge of marriage is making it work for a lifetime. And when it is a lifetime commitment, it can have a tremendous number of advantages like stability, financial strength and unity. Along with social obligations and duties attached with marriage various beautiful emotions, feelings and expectations are also imbibed into it. So in this scale, a variety of possible emotions attached with marriage partner is listed and statistically analyzed for their reliability.
- Edwards A.L. (1957)., Techniques of attitude Scale Construction., New York: Appleton- Century crofts
- Worthington R.L. and Whittaker T.A. (2006)., Scale Development Research: A content analysis and recommendations for best practices., The Counseling Psychologist, 34, 806-838.
- Shukla A., Deodiya S. and T.B. Singh (2013)., Marriage Perception Scale (MPS): Development Of A Measure To Assess Unmarried Adolescent, Indian J. Prev. Soc. Med., 44(1-2).