Investigation of Radioactivity level in some Non-Food items Imported to Sudan
- 1Sudan Academy of Sciences and Radiation Protection and Nuclear Security Unit, Sudan Customs, Ministry of Interior, Khartoum, Sudan
- 2Sudan Atomic Energy Commission
- 3Sudan Atomic Energy Commission
- 4Sudan Atomic Energy Commission
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (12), Pages 10-16, December,2 (2016)
Environmental monitoring for radioactivity is very important in view of radiation protection and environmental security. Hence, an investigation has been performed to quantify radioactivity level in some non-food items imported to Sudan. Radioactivity was measured by using high-resolution &
- Idriss H., Salih I., Alaamer A.S., Saleh A. and Abdelgali M.Y. (2016)., Environmental-Impact Assessment of Natural Radioactivity Around a Traditional Mining Area in Al-Ibedia, Sudan., Archives of environmental contamination and toxicology, 70(4), 783-792.
- Kh A., Khandaker M.U., Amin Y.M. and Mahat R. (2015)., Uptake and distribution of natural radioactivity in rice from soil in northand west part of peninsular Malaysia for the estimation of ingestion dose to man., Ann Nucl Energy, 76, 85-93.
- Shanthi G., Kumaran J.T.T., Raj G.A.G. and Maniyan C.G. (2010)., Natural radionuclides in the South Indian foods and their annual dose., Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, 619(1), 436-440.
- Sam A.K., Ahamed M.M.O., El Khangi F.A., El Nigumi Y.O. and Holm E. (1998)., Radioactivity levels in the Red Sea coastal environment of Sudan., Marine Pollution Bulletin, 36(1), 19-26.
- Douka C.E. and Xenoulis A.C. (1991)., Radioactive isotope uptake in a grass-legume association., Environmental pollution, 73(1), 11-23.
- Hassona R.K., Sam A.K., Osman O.I., Sirelkhatim D.A. and LaRosa J. (2008)., Assessment of Committed Effective Dose due to consumption of Red Sea coral reef fishes collected from the local market (Sudan)., Science of the Total Environment, 393(2), 214-218.
- Glavič–Cindro D., Benedik L., Logar J.K., Vodenik B. and Zorko B. (2013)., Detection of Fukushima plume within regular Slovenian environmental radioactivity surveillance., Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 81, 374-378.
- Wätjen U., Spasova Y. and Altzitzoglou T. (2008)., Measurement comparisons of radioactivity among European monitoring laboratories for the environment and food stuff., Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 66(6), 742-749.
- Meli M.A., Desideri D., Roselli C., Feduzi L. and Benedetti C. (2016)., Radioactivity in honey of the central Italy., Food chemistry, 202, 349-355.
- Şahin N.K., Yeltepe E. and Yücel Ü. (2016)., A review of the nationwide proficiency test on natural radioactivity measurements by gamma spectrometry., Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 109, 49-53.
- Alaamer A.S. (2012)., Characterization of 137 Cs in Riyadh Saudi Arabia Soil Samples.,
- Abukawa J., Tsubuku C., Hayano K. and Hirano K. (1998)., A survey of 90 Sr and 137 Cs activity levels of retail foods in Japan., Journal of environmental radioactivity, 41(3), 287-305.
- Changizi V., Shafiei E. and Zareh M.R. (2013)., Measurement of 226Ra, 232Th, 137Cs and 40K activities of Wheat and Corn Products in Ilam Province–Iran and Resultant Annual Ingestion Radiation Dose., Iranian journal of public health, 42(8), 903.
- Nain M., Chauhan R.P. and Chakarvarti S.K. (2008)., Alpha radioactivity in tobacco leaves: Effect of fertilizers., Radiation Measurements, 43, S515-S519.
- Sam A.K. and Abbas N. (2001)., Assessment of radioactivity and the associated hazards in local and imported cement types used in Sudan., Radiation protection dosimetry, 93(3), 275-277.
- Martell E.A. (1974)., Radioactivity of tobacco trichomes and insoluble cigarette smoke particles., Nature, 249(5454), 214-217.
- Ramachandran T.V. and Mishra U.C. (1989)., Measurement of natural radioactivity levels in Indian foodstuffs by gamma spectrometry., International Journal of Radiation Applications and Instrumentation. Part A. Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 40(8), 723-726.
- Mishra S., Arae H., Sorimachi A., Hosoda M., Tokonami S., Ishikawa T. and Sahoo S.K. (2015)., Distribution and retention of Cs radioisotopes in soil affected by Fukushima nuclear plant accident., Journal of Soils and Sediments, 15(2), 374-380.
- Al Hamarneh I., Wreikat A. and Toukan K. (2003)., Radioactivity concentrations of 40 K, 134 Cs, 137 Cs, 90 Sr, 241 Am, 238 Pu and 239+ 240 Pu radionuclides in jordanian soil samples., Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, 67(1), 53-67.
- Codex Alimentarius Commission (1995)., Codex general standard for contaminants and toxins in food and feed., Codex stan, 193.
- Baba M.M.H., Mohib-ul-Haq M. and Khan M.A.A. (2013)., Dosimetric consistency of Co-60 teletherapy unit-a ten years study., International journal of health sciences, 7(1), 15.
- Ghiassi-Nejad M., Beitollahi M.M., Fallahian N., Amidi J. and Ramezani H. (2001)., Concentrations of natural radionuclides in imported mineral substances., Environment international, 26(7), 557-560.
- Jankovi M.M. and Dragana J. (2011)., Con Cen Tra Tions of Nat U Ral Radionuclides In Im Ported Zir Co Nium Min Er Als.,