Water Productivity and Hydraulic Parameters of Furrow Irrigated raised bed with variable Furrow Sections in Wheat Crop
- 1Dept. of SWE, SVCAET & RS, FAE, IGKV, Raipur, CG, India
- 2Dept. of SWE, SVCAET & RS, FAE, IGKV, Raipur, CG, India
- 3Dept. of SWE, SVCAET & RS, FAE, IGKV, Raipur, CG, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (12), Pages 1-4, December,2 (2016)
Consumptive use, water use, hydraulic parameters and yield of furrow irrigated raised bed system (FIRBS) in wheat were studied under three moisture regimes viz. 40, 50 and 60% maximum allowable depletion (MAD) at sub treatment of 15cm, 20cm and 25cm furrow depth. FIRBS resulted in maximum yield obtained in (29.61q/ha) were produced under 20 cm furrow depth with 50% MAD. The seasonal consumptive use varied between 246.00 to 372.42 mm. In furrow irrigated raised bed system 20 cm furrow depth at 40% MAD treatment recorded the highest value (372.42 mm). In furrow irrigated raised bed system the maximum water use efficiency found in 9.50 kg ha-1 mm-1 in 20 cm furrow depth under 50% MAD. The result revealed that advance time and recession curve in furrow irrigated raised bed system 15 cm furrow depth, and 20 cm furrow depth more parallel then 25 cm furrow depth. The parallelism of curves shows uniform distribution of water.
- Jat Laxmi Narayan (2001)., Evaluation of FIRB planting system for development of productive and sustainable wheat based cropping system., Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Agromony, Rajasthan College of Agriculture, Udaipur.
- Hobbs P.R. (2002)., Resource conservation technologies: a second revolution in South Asia., (In): Proceeding of International Workshop on Herbicide Resistance Management and Zero Tillage in Rice-Wheat Cropping System, held during 4-6 March at CCS HAU, Hisar, 67–76.
- Sayre K.D. (2000)., Effect of tillage, crop residue retention and nitrogen management on the performance of bed-planted, furrow irrigated spring wheat in northwest Mexico., (In) : Proceeding of the 15th Conference of International Soil Tillage Research Organization, held during 2-7 July 2000 at Forth Worth, Texas, the USA.
- Michael A.M. (1993)., Irrigation Theory and Practices., Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi. 610-622.
- Walker R. Wynn and Skogerboe Gaylord V. (1987)., Surface irrigation theory and practices prentice-hall Inc: Engle wood eliffs., New Jersy USA.
- Yadav A., Malik R.K., Chauhan B.S., Kumar V., Banga R.S., Singh Samar, Yadav J.S., Poonia S.S., Rathi S.S. and Sayre K.D. (2002)., Feasibility of raising wheat on furrow irrigated raised beds in south-western Haryana., (In): proceeding of International Workshop on Herbicide Resistance Management and Zero Tillage in Rice-Wheat Cropping System, held during 4-6 March at CCS HAU Hisar, 201–206.