Theoretical approaches on the corrosion inhibition property of some important medicinal compounds against industrial imperative metals via computational methods
- 1Department of Chemistry, Jabin Science College, Hubballi-580031, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 9, Issue (2), Pages 1-7, April,18 (2019)
Even though some cited work carried out on some medicinal compounds as corrosion inhibitors on metals in any corrosive ions, still work is needed on this field in order to take research work to industrial level applications. Hence, in this work, the theoretical work is performed on the Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Paracetamol, Ranitidine, Acetaminophen, Warfarin, Naproxen, Phenazone, Propyphenazone and Caffeine compounds to examine their corrosion inhibition property. The theoretical results obtained from this investigation give a strong platform to experimental investigation. The purpose of current study is to give the mechanism of metal corrosion inhibition by atomic level. For this, theoretical tool, i.e. quantum calculations were adopted. The different parameters such as, ELUMO, EHOMO, dipole moment (μ), global hardness (η), (energy gap (ΔE), absolute electro negativity (χ), from the medicinal molecule was calculated. Results of quantum studies show that, electron rich species in the medicinal substances participate in the phenomena of adsorption process.
- Fattah-alhosseini A. and Noori M. (2016)., Corrosion inhibition of SAE 1018 carbon steel in H2S and HCl solutions by lemon verbena leaves extract., Measurement., 94, 787-793.
- Fouda A.S. Mohamed F.S.H. and El-Sherbeni M.W. (2016)., Corrosion inhibition of aluminum-silicon alloy in hydrochloric acid solutions using carbamidic thioanhydride derivatives., J Bio Tribo Corros., 2, 11.
- Abdulwahab M., Fayomi O.S.I., Asuke F. and Umoru L.E. (2014)., Effect of Avogadro natural oil on the corrosion inhibition of mild steel in hydrochloric acid solution., Research on Chemical Intermediates, 40(3), 1115-1123.
- Anupama K.K., Shainy K.M. and Joseph A. (2016)., Excellent anticorrosion behavior of Ruta Graveolens extract (RGE) for mild steel in hydrochloric acid: electro analytical studies on the effect of time, temperature, and inhibitor concentration., J Bio Tribo Corros., 2, 2.
- Baumgaertner M. and Kaesche H. (1990)., Aluminum pitting in chloride solutions: morphology and pit growth kinetics., Corros Sci., 31, 231-236.
- Shainy K.M., Rugmini Ammal P., Unni K.N., Sailas Benjamin and Abraham Joseph (2016)., Surface interaction and corrosion inhibition of mild steel in hydrochloric acid using pyoverdine, an ecofriendly bio-molecule., J Bio Tribo Corros., 2, 20.
- Vimala J.R., Rose A.L. and Raja S. (2011)., Cassia auriculata extract as Corrosion inhibitor for Mild Steel in Acid medium., Int. J. ChemTech Res, 3(4), 1791-1801.
- Perumal S., Muthumanickam S., Elangovan A., Karthik R., Sayee kannan R. and Mothilal K.K. (2017)., Bauhinia tomentosa leaves extract as green corrosion inhibitor for mild steel in 1 M HCl medium., J Bio Tribo Corros., 3, 13.
- Tezeghdenti M., Dhouibi L. and Etteyeb N. (2015)., Corrosion inhibition of carbon steel in 1 M sulphuric acid solution by extract of eucalyptus globulus leaves cultivated in tunisia arid zones., J Bio Tribo Corros., 1, 16.
- Gusti D.R., Emriadi A.A. and Efdi M. (2017)., Corrosion inhibition of ethanol extract of cassava (Manihot esculenta) leaves on mild steel in sulfuric acid., Int J ChemTech Res, 10(2), 163-171.
- Kavitha V. and Gunavathy N. (2016)., Theoretical studies on corrosion inhibition effect of Coumarin and its derivatives against metals using computational methods., International Journal of Engineering and Techniques, 2, 105-112.
- Silva-Júnior E.F., França P.H.B., Rodrigues E.E.S., Campos N.M.R., Aquino T.M. and Araújo-Júnior J.X. (2016)., Investigation of the stability of indole and analogue rings using quantum mechanics computation., J Chem Pharm Res., 8, 645-650.
- Laxmi K. (2014)., Theoretical Approach on structural aspects of antiepileptic agent indoline-2,3- dione-3-oxime by arguslab 4 software., J Appl Chem., 2, 92-101.