Evaluation of novel N/S containing heterocyclic metal complexes as biologically potent agents
- 1Department of Chemistry, Pt. N.K.S. Govt. P.G. College, Dausa, Rajasthan, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, Pt. N.K.S. Govt. P.G. College, Dausa, Rajasthan, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 8, Issue (4), Pages 30-34, April,18 (2018)
Present co-ordination chemistry provides a valuable tool to design aromatics which are promising for future researches. Current era finds an interest in improving the versions of previously reported aromatics. Hence, prominent activities seem to be a result of Co-ordinating behaviour between ligands and the concerned metal ion. In the thematic issue we synthesized transition metal complexes with N/S donor ligands. The structures of the obtained complexes were characterized by FT-IR, NMR, elemental analysis, ESR spectral studies, conductometric and magnetic moment measurements. The magnetic moments and electronic spectral studies suggests that the complex has distorted octahedral geometry with unpaired electron lying in dx2-y2 orbital giving 2B1g as the ground state. The synthesized metal complexes were successfully investigated for biological activities namely antibacterial, antifungal, DNA binding and cleavage activity and plant growth regulatory activity. Based upon their widest applicability performa, we report herein the synthesis and characterization of metal complexes and the pronounced biocidal activities of the novel complexes.
- Begum N.F., Khanum Naveen, Gurupadaswamy Prashanth and Khanum S.A. (2014), Int. J. Sci. Res. Pub., 4(4), 1-10., undefined, undefined
- Olagboye S.A. and Hassan G.F. (2013)., Synthesis, Characterization and Biocidal Evaluation of Azole-Based Ligandsmetal Complexes., International Journal of Applied Sciences and Biotechnology, 1(4), 258-265.
- Mruthyunjayaswamy B.H.M., Nagesh G.Y., Ramesh M., Priyanka B. and Heena B. (2015)., Synthesis, characterization and antioxidant activity of Schiff base ligand and its metal complexes containing thiazole moiety., Der Pharma Chemica, 7(10), 556-562.
- Joseph J. and Boomadevi Janaki G. (2014), J.M. Environ. Sci., 5(3), 693-704., undefined, undefined
- Kumar Naik K.H., Ashok B. and Nagaraja N. (2013), Int. J. Chem. Pharm. Sci., 4(2), 110-116., undefined, undefined
- Akila E.K.A.M.P.A.R.A.M., Usharani M.A.R.K.A.N.D.A. N. and Rajavel R.A.N.G.A.P.P.A.N. (2013)., Metal (II) complexes of bioinorganic and medicinal relevance: antibacterial, antioxidant and dna cleavage studies of tetradentate complexes involving o, n-donor environment of 3, 3′-dihydroxybenzidine-based schiff bases., International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 5(2), 573-581.
- Raju G.N. and Nadendla R.R. (2015), Europ. J. Biomed. Pharm. Sci., 2(3), 149-162., undefined, undefined
- Raju G.N., Karumudi B.S. and Rao N.R. (2015)., Benzothiazole-versitile heterocyclic nucleus in medicinal chemistry: a review., Int. J. Pharm. Chem, 5(4), 104-114.
- Patel K.S., Patel J.C., Dholariya H.R., Patel V.K. and Patel K.D. (2012)., Synthesis of Cu (II), Ni (II), Co (II), and Mn (II) complexes with ciprofloxacin and their evaluation of antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-tubercular activity., Open Journal of Metal, 2(3), 49.
- Rai B.K. and Kumar A. (2013)., Synthesis, characterization and biocidal activity of some Schiff base and its metal complexes of Co (II), Cu (II) and Ni (II)., Oriental Journal of Chemistry, 29(3), 1187-1191.
- Fugu M.B., Ndahi N.P., Paul B.B. and Mustapha A.N. (2013)., Synthesis, characterization, and antimicrobial studies of some vanillin schiff base metal (II) complexes., J Chem Pharm Res, 5, 22, 28.
- Pillai V.V. and Sreekanth B. (2013)., DNA binding and antimicrobial studies of Ag (II) and Cu (II) metal complexes containing mixed ligands of 1, 10-phenanthroline and 8-hydroxyuinoline., Int J Pharm Bio Sci, 4, 739-747.
- Jain P., Kachhwaha S. and Kothari S.L. (2014)., Chloroplast ultra structure, photosynthesis and enzyme activities in regenerated plants of Stevia rebaudiana (Bert.) Bertoni as influenced by copper sulphate in the medium., Ind. J. Exp. Bio., 52, 898-904.
- Kapoor P., Fahmi N. and Singh R.V. (2011)., Microwave assisted synthesis, spectroscopic, electrochemical and DNA cleavage studies of lanthanide (III) complexes with coumarin based imines., Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 83(1), 74-81.
- Guo A., Xu X., Hu Y., Wang M. and Tan X. (2010)., Effects of ternary complexes of copper with salicylaldehyde-amino acid Schiff base coordination compounds on the proliferation of BGC823 cells., Chin J Cancer, 29, 277-282.
- Chandra S. and Ballabh P. (2013)., Synthesis, characterization and physicochemical studies of Ni (II) and Cu (II) complexes with some nitrogen-oxygen and nitrogen sulphur donor ligands., International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 4(6), 2393-2399.
- Mathur N., Bargotya S. and Mathur R. (2014), Res. J. Bio. Chem. Pharm. Sci., 5(2), 989-997., undefined, undefined
- Mathur N., Bargotya S., Manna B. and Kasana A. (2014), Indo Am. J. Pharm. Sci., 4(4), 1981-1988., undefined, undefined
- Mathur N. and Bargotya S. (2016)., DNA-Binding and Cleavage Studies of Macrocyclic Metal Complexes Containing Heteroatomic Ligands., Chem. Sci. Trans., 5(1), 117-124.
- Kavitha P. and Reddy K.L. (2014)., Synthesis, structural characterization, and biological activity studies of Ni (II) and Zn (II) complexes., Bioinorg Chem. Appl., 1-13.
- National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards (2014)., Reference method for antifungal disc diffusion susceptibility testing yeasts proposes guideline M44-A., NCCLS, Wayne, PA, USA.
- National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards (2002)., Reference method for antifungal disc diffusion susceptibility testing yeasts proposes guideline M27-A2., NCCLS, Wayne, PA, USA.
- Mathur N. and Bargotya S. (2015). Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Res., 6(6), 2538-2545., undefined, undefined
- Mathur N., Ahmed I., Kasana A., Bargotya S. and Manna B. (2014)., Biological activities of some new environmentally safe 2-aminobenzothiazole complexes of copper (ii) derived under microwave irradiation., Int. Arch. App. Sci. Technol., 5(1), 37-42.