Synthesis of doped Nickel Ferrite with Copper- NiCuFe2O4, its structure elucidation and Photocatalytic study-eco-friendly nature a step towards interdisciplinary research
- 1Department of Chemistry, Dhempe College of Arts and Science, Miramar, Goa, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 7, Issue (6), Pages 6-12, June,18 (2017)
My work is based on study of NiCuFe2O4, which is a mixed metal Ferrite. This Copper doped Nickel Ferrite has been synthesised by Citrate Gel method, which has resulted in a crystalline homogeneous sample of appreciable yield. A non magnetic dopant Cu is added to NiFe2O4 crystals, which causes modifications in structural, and physical properties. Structure determination is carried out by XRD technique, which confirmed the cubic structure a=b=d, &
- Maria M., Lumina Sonia, Blessi S., Pauline S. (2014)., Effect of Copper Substitution on the Structural, Morphological and Magnetic properties of Nickel Ferrites., International Journal of Research (UR), 1(8), 1051-1054.
- Vresch V. (2017)., Structure of Crystals., Crystallography on line.com (v.2.1.0) 292
- Dolia S.N., Sharma Rakesh, Sharma M.P. and Saxena N.S. (2006)., Synthesis, X-ray Diffraction and Optical band gap study of Nanoparticles of NiFe2O4., Indian Journal of pure and Applied Physics, 44, 774-776.
- Perron H., Mellier T., Domain C., Roques J., Simoni E., Drot R. and Catalette H. (2007)., Structural Investigation and Electronic properties of NiFe2O4 a periodic density functional theory approach., Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, 19, 10.
- Attarkar Mahnaz Kamel, Manteghi Farnak and Ghahari Mahdi (2005)., Microwave assisted sol gel autocombustion synthesis of NiCuFe2O4 using Citric acid as an organic chelating agent Structural and optical studies., ECSOC 19 d o I 10.3390 lecsoc, 1-6.
- Aruldas G. and Rajagopal P. (2007)., Modern Physics., Eastern Economy Edition, 212-217.
- Kesavamoorthy R., Vigneshwaram A.N., Sanyal Vijayalaxmi and Ramchandra C. (2017)., Synthesis and Characterisation of NiFe2O4 nanoparticles by sol gel combustion method., Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 9(1), 160-162.
- Nabiyouni G., Fesharaki Jafari H., Muzafari M. and Amighian J. (2010)., Characterisation and Magnetic properties of Nickel Ferrite nanoparticles prepared by Ball Milling Technique., CHIN. PHYS. LETT, 27(12), 126401.
- Murthy Y.L.N., Kajiviswanath I.V., Rao T. Kondala and Singh Rajendra (2009), International Journal of Chemical Technology, 1(4), 138, undefined, undefined
- Devi L. Gomathi, Raju Anantha K.S. and Kumar Girish S. (2009)., Photodegradation of methyl red by advanced and homogeneousPhoto Fenton, s process. A comparative study and kinetic approach., Journal of Environmental Monitoring, 11(7), 1397-1404.
- Mehra Meethi and Sharma T.R. (2012)., Photocatalytic degradation of two commercial dyes in aqeous phase using photocatalyst TiO2., Advances in Applied Research, 3(2), 849-853.
- Hanson A.W. (1973)., The Crystal Structure of Methyl Orange monohydrate monoethanolate., Acta Crystallographica Section B: Structural Crystallography and Crystal Chemistry, 29(3), 454-460.
- Kakhki Roya Mohamadzadeh, Khorrampour Amir Mostafa, Rabbani Mahmood and Ahsani Fatemeh (2017)., Visible light Photocatalytic degradation of textile waste by Cobalt doped NiFe2O4 nanocomposite., Journal of Material Science Materials in Electronics, 28(5), 4095-4101