Synthesis and characterization of zinc oxide nanoparticles using green method
- 1Department of Chemistry, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad, MS 431004, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad, MS 431004, India
- 3Department of Chemistry, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad, MS 431004, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 7, Issue (4), Pages 40-42, April,18 (2017)
Major focus of researchers in recent years the development of efficient method for synthesis of metal nanoparticles. In this article we followed green method for the synthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles using leaf extract of guava plant. Reduction of metal ions through leaf extract leading to the formation of zinc oxide nanoparticles. The size, structure, morphology of synthesized nanoparticles were characterized by FTIR, X-ray diffraction, SEM-EDS.
- Templeton, Allen C., Wuelfing Peter W., and Murray Royce W. (2000)., Monolayer-protected cluster molecules., Accounts of Chemical Research., 33(1), 27-36.
- Bönnemann H., Hormes J. and Kreibig U. (2001)., Handbook of Surface and Interfaces of Materials., H.S. Nalwa, Academic Press, San Diego, 3, 1-87.
- El-Sayed M.A. (2001)., Some interesting properties of metals confined in time and nanometer space of different shapes., Accounts of chemical research, 34(4), 257-264.
- Bagnall D.M., Chen Y.F., Zhu Z., Yao T., Koyama S., Shen M.Y. and Goto T. (1997)., Optically pumped lasing of ZnO at room temperature., Applied Physics Letters, 70(17), 2230-2232.
- Zu P., Tang Z.K., Wong G.K., Kawasaki M., Ohtomo A., Koinuma H. and Segawa Y. (1997)., Ultraviolet spontaneous and stimulated emissions from ZnO microcrystallite thin films at room temperature., Solid State Communications, 103(8), 459-463.
- Cao H., Xu J.Y., Seelig E.W. and Chang R.P.H. (2000)., Microlaser made of disordered media., Applied Physics Letters, 76(21), 2997-2999.
- Sobha K., Surendranath K., Meena V., Jwala T.K., Swetha N. and Latha K.S.M. (2010)., Emerging trends in nanobiotechnology., Biotechnology and Molecular Biology Reviews, 4(1), 1-12.
- Rani S., Suri P., Shishodia P.K. and Mehra R.M. (2008)., Synthesis of nanocrystalline ZnO powder via sol–gel route for dye-sensitized solar cells., Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 92(12), 1639-1645.
- Khaydarov R.A., Khaydarov R.R., Gapurova O., Estrin Y. and Scheper T. (2009)., Electrochemical method for the synthesis of silver nanoparticles., Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 11(5), 1193-1200.