Estimation of total solar radiation using RadEst 3.0 software at Dang, Nepal
- 1Mahendra Multiple Campus, Tribhuvan University, Nepalganj, Nepal
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 7, Issue (4), Pages 8-13, April,18 (2017)
The RadEst 3.0 version software estimates total solar radiation using meteorological parameters such as precipitation, temperatures and solar radiation of Dang (Lat.28.7°N, Lon.82.18°E, and Alt.659m). The annual average daily global solar radiation is about 16.7 MJ/m2/day which is sufficient to generate the solar energy. Radiation is calculated as the product of the atmospheric transmissivity of radiation and radiation outside earth atmosphere. The model parameters are fitted in two years data. The values estimated by the models are compared with measured solar radiation data. The performance of the model was evaluated using root mean square error (RMSE), mean bias error (MBE), Coefficient of Residual Mass (CRM) and coefficient of determination (R2). The RadEst 3.0 software which showed the better results using BC, CD, DB and DCBB, among them the DB model is the best model for this site. The values of RMSE, MBE, CRM and R2 are 2.98, 1.27, 0.00 and 0.66 respectively. The finding coefficients of different models can be utilized for the estimation of solar radiation at the similar meteorological sites of Nepal. The result conformed that there is strong correlation of total solar radiation with altitude and local weather condition.
- Poudyal K.N., Bhattarai B.K., Sapkota B. and Kjeldstad B. (2012)., Estimation of the Daily Global Solar Radiation using RadEst 3.00 software- A case Study at Low land Plain Region of Nepal., J. Nepal Chem. Soc., 29, 48-57.
- Poudyal K.N. (2015)., Estimation of Global Solar Radiation Potential in Nepal., Doctoral Thesis at IOE 2015, Institute of Engineering Central Campus PulchowkTribhuvan University, Kathamndu
- IEA (2010)., Key world energy statistics 2014., International Energy Agency, Paris.
- Janjai S. (2008)., Assessment of Solar Energy Potentials for Combodia.,
- Poudyal K.N., Daponte P., Vito L.De, Bhattarai B.K. and Sapkota B. (2010)., Study of Diurnal Variation of Global Solar Irradiance Using Pyranometer on Horizontal Surface and Investigation of the Trend of Irradiance at the Solar Noon at Kathmandu, Nepal, Proc. of XVII IMEKO TC-4 Int. Symposium, Kosice, SKIMA 2010.
- UNFCO, (2012). District profile Jumla. Nepalgunj: United Nations FieldCoordination,Mid WesternRegion, undefined, undefined
- McVicar T.R. and Jupp D.L.B (1999)., Estimating one-time-of-day meteorological data from standard daily data as inputs to thermal remote sensing based energy balance model., Agric. For. Meteorol., 96(4), 219-238.
- Chegaar M., Lamri A. and Chibani A. (1998)., Estimating Global Solar Radiation Using Sunshine Hours., Rev. Energ. Ren, 7-11.
- Are you looking for www.sipeaa.it? (2017) http://www.sipeaa.it/tools, undefined, undefined
- Bristow K.L. and Campbell G.S. (1984)., On the relationship between incoming solar radiation and daily maximum and minimum temperature., Agric. For. Meterol, 31(2), 159-166.
- Donatelli M. and Campbell C.S. (1998)., A simple model to estimate global solar radiation., proceedings of the fifth congress of the European Society for Agronomy Nitra, Slovakia, II, PP. 133-134
- Bechini L., Duccob G., Donatelli M. and Stein A. (2000), Modelling, Interpolation and Stochastic Simulation in space and time of Global Solar Radiation., Agric. Eco. Environ., 81(1), 29-42.
- Donatelli M. and Bellocchi G. (2001)., Estimates of Daily Global Solar Radiation: New developments in the software RadEst3.00., 213-214. In: Proc. Int. Symp. Modelling Cropping Syst., 2nd, Florence, Italy,16-18 2001. Inst. for CNR, Florence, Italy
- Donatelli M., Bellocchi G. and Fontana F. (2003)., RadEst 3.00 software to estimate daily Radiation data from commonly available meterological variables., Europ. J of Agron., 18(3), 363-367.
- Poudyal K.N., Bhattarai B.K., Sapkota B., Kjeldstad B. and Daponte P. (2013)., Estimation of the daily global solar radiation; Nepal experience., Measurement, 46(6), 1807-1817.
- Kipp and Zonen (2017)., CMP series instruction manual., Kipp and Zonen B.V., Delftech park 36, Netherlands, 2006.