Polyaniline-CdS nanocomposite/GOx matrix modified optical fiber based biosensor for glucose detection
- 1Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati (MS), India-444602
- 2Department of Zoology, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati (MS), India-444602
- 3Department of Chemistry, Shri Anand College of Science, Pathardi, Ahmednagar (MS), India-414102
- 4Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati (MS), India-444602
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 7, Issue (3), Pages 33-35, March,18 (2017)
In the present study, polyaniline-cadmium sulphide (PANI-CdS) nanocomposite material was synthesized by simple chemical polymerization method using FeCl3 as an oxidant. The prepared matrix was deposited as an active cladding material for the fabrication of cladding modified fiber optic intrinsic biosensor. The cladding modified material was used for the immobilization of biomolecules-enzyme-glucose oxidase (GOx) with the help of cross-linking technique. The nature of deposited nanocomposite material was confirmed using X-ray diffraction (XRD) analysis and field emission scanning electron microscopy (FE-SEM) techniques. Moreover, optical microscopy was used to observe the thin layer of deposited nanocomposite matrix on fiber optic sensing element. The prepared sensor can be used further for the detection of glucose solution of various concentrations. From the results, it has been found that PANI-CdS nanocomposite is biocompatible for the fixation of biomolecules on fiber optic sensing element. The results have been presented.
- Nambiar Shruti and Yeow John T.W. (2011)., Conductive polymer-based sensors for biomedical applications., Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 26(5), 1825-1832.
- Hussain Farzana, Hojjati Mehdi, Okamoto Masami and Gorga Russell E. (2006)., Review article: polymer-matrix nanocomposites, processing, manufacturing, and application: an overview., Journal of composite materials, 40(17), 1511-1575.
- Libertino S., Aiello V., Scandurra A., Renis M. and Sinatra F. (2008)., Immobilization of the enzyme glucose oxidase on both bulk and porous SiO2 surfaces., Sensors, 8(9) 5637-5648.
- MacDiarmid A.G., Chiang J.C., Richter A.F. and Epstein A.J. (1987)., Polyaniline: a new concept in conducting polymers., Synthetic Met., 18(1-3) 285-290.
- Sharma A.K., Jha R. and Gupta B.D. (2007)., Fiber-optic sensors based on surface plasmon resonance: a comprehensive review., IEEE Sensor J., 7(8), 1118-1129.
- Pahurkar V.G., Tamgadge Y.S., Gambhire A.B. and Muley G.G. (2015)., Evanescent wave absorption based polyaniline cladding modified fiber optic intrinsic biosensor for glucose sensing application., Measur., 61, 9-15.
- Shukla S.K., Bharadvaja A., Tiwari A., Parashar G.K. and Dubey G.C. (2010)., Synthesis and characterization of highly crystalline polyaniline film promising for humid sensor., Adv. Mat. Lett., 1(2), 129-134.
- Huang Y.X., Zhang W.J., Xiao H. and Li G.X. (2005)., An electrochemical investigation of glucose oxidase at a CdS nanoparticles modified electrode., Biosens. Bioelectron., 21(5), 817-821.
- Wang K., Liu Q., Guan Q.M., Wu J., Li H.N. and Yan J.J. (2011)., Enhanced direct electrochemistry of glucose oxidase and biosensing for glucose via synergy effect of graphene and CdS nanocrystals., Biosens. Bioelectron., 26(5), 2252-2257.
- Pahurkar V.G., Tamgadge Y.S., Gambhire A.B. and Muley G.G. (2015)., Glucose oxidase immobilized PANI cladding modified fiber optic intrinsic biosensor for detection of glucose., Sens. Actuators, 210, 362-368.
- Pahurkar V.G. and Muley G.G. (2014)., Sensitivity Study of Cladding Modified With Polyaniline Immobilised Glucose Oxidase Intrinsic Fiber Optic Glucose Biosensor., Inter. J. ChemTech Res., 6(6), 3325-3327.
- Pahurkar V.G., Tamgadge Y.S., Nagale V.K., Gambhire A.B. and Muley G.G. (2014)., Cladding Modification with PANI-Sulphanilic Acid Composite for Fiber Optic Intrinsic Glucose Biosensor., JAAST:Mater. Sci., 1(2), 228-231.
- Talwatkar S.S., Tamgadge Y.S., Sunatkari A.L., Gambhire A.B. and Muley G.G. (2014)., Amino acids (l-arginine and l-alanine) passivated CdS nanoparticles: synthesis of spherical hierarchical structure and nonlinear optical properties., Solid State Sci., 38, 42-48.
- Raut B.T., Chougule M.A., Sen S., Pawar R.C., Lee C.S. and Patil V.B. (2012)., Novel method of fabrication of polyaniline–CdS nanocomposites: structural, morphological and optoelectronic properties., Ceram. Int., 38(5), 3999-4007.
- Bompilwar S.D., Kondawar S.B., Tabhane V.A. and Kargirwar S.R. (2010)., Thermal stability of CdS/ZnS nanoparticles embedded conducting polyaniline nanocomposites., Adv. Appl. Sci. Res., 1(1), 166-173.