Synthesis and optical properties of borate glass of system 3Li2O-2K2O-5B2O3
- 1Department of Physics S. G. B. Amravati University, Amravati, MS - 444 602, India
- 2Department of Physics S. G. B. Amravati University, Amravati, MS - 444 602, India and Department of Physics, Shri Ramnath Ramgopal Lahoti Science College, Morshi, MS - 444905, India
- 3Department of Physics S. G. B. Amravati University, Amravati, MS - 444 602, India
- 4Department of Physics S. G. B. Amravati University, Amravati, MS - 444 602, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 7, Issue (3), Pages 30-32, March,18 (2017)
A glass of system 3Li2O-2K2O-5B2O3 has been prepared by melt quenching technique. The glass sample was characterized by powder X-ray diffraction (XRD) to confirm an amorphous nature of glass. Obtained glass was characterized using ultraviolet-visible-near infrared (UV-vis-NIR) spectroscopy, which was used to determine percent transmission of the glass. The optical band gap of the grown glass has also been reported.
- Gautam C., Yadav A. Kumar and Singh A. Kumar (2012)., A Review on Infrared Spectroscopy of Borate Glasses with Effects of Different Additives., International Scholarly Research Network, 17, doi:10.5402/2012/428497
- Aboud H., Wagiran H., Hossain I. and Hussin R. (2012)., Infrared Spectra and Energy band gap of Potassium Lithium Borate glass dosimetry., Int. J. Phys. Sci., 7(6), 922-926.
- Pal M., Roy B. and Pal M. (2011)., Structural Characterization of Borate Glasses Containing Zinc and Manganese Oxides., J. Mod. Phys., 2(9), 1062-1066.
- Kaur M., Saini M.S., Singh D. and Mudahar G.S. (2014)., Synthesis and Characterization of Lithium Borate Glasses Containing Bismuth., Int. J. Adv. Res. Phys. Sci., 1(8), 1-8.
- Agarwal A., Seth V.P., Sanghi S.P., Gahlot S. and Goyal D.R. (2003)., Optical band gap studies and estimation of two photon absorption coefficient in alkali bismuth borate glasses., Radiation Effects & Defects in Solids, 158(11-12), 793-801.
- Sanghi S., Sindhu S., Agarwal A. and Seth V.P. (2004)., Physical, optical and electrical properties of calcium bismuth borate glasses., Radiations Effects & Defects, 159(6), 369-379.
- Saddeek B.Y., Shaaban E.R. and Moustafa M. (2008)., Spectroscopic properties, electronic polarizability, and optical basicity of Bi2O3–Li2O–B2O3 glasses., Phys. B., 403(13-16), 2399-2407.
- Singh D., Singh K., Singh G., Mohan S., Arora M. and Sharma G. (2008)., Optical and structural properties of ZnO-PbO-B2O3 and ZnO-PbO-B2O3-SiO2 glasses., J. Phys., 20(7), 075228.
- Singh G.P., Kaur P., Kaur S. and Singh D.P. (2011)., Role of WO3 in structural and optical properties of WO3–Al2O3–PbO–B2O3 glasses., Phys., 406(24), 4652-4656.
- Dagdale S.R. and Muley G.G. (2015)., Optical study of neodymium doped lanthanum calcium borate glasses of La2O3-8CaO-3B2O3 system., Bionano front., 8(3), 265-268.
- Kim M., Choi H.W., Park H.W., Song C.H. and Yang Y.S. (2006)., Crystallization Process and Mixed Alkali Effect in Lithium-Potassium Borate Glass., J. Korean Phys. Soc., 49, S495-S499.
- Limkitjaroenporn P., Kaewkhao Jakapong, Tuscharoen Suparat, Limsuwan P. and Chewpraditkul Weerapong. (2010)., Structural Studies of Lead Sodium Borate Glasses., Adv. Mat. Res., 93-94, 439-442.
- Rajasree Ch. and Rao Krishna D. (2011)., Spectroscopic investigations on alkali bismuth borate glasses doped with CuO., J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 357(3), 836-841.
- Oprea I.I., Hesse H. and Betzler K. (2004)., Optical properties of bismuth borate glasses., Opt. Mat., 26(3), 235-237. DOI:10.1016/j.optmat.2003.10.006.
- Pan Z.D., Morgan S.H. and Long B.H. (1995)., Raman-scattering cross-section and nonlinear-optical response of lead borate glasses., J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 185(1-2), 127-134.