Preparation of ionic liquids and synthesis of DHPM using ILS
- 1Department of Industrial Chemistry, Shree M. & N. Virani Science College, Kalawad Road, Rajkot, Gujarat, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, M.K. Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar, Gujarat, India
- 3Department of Industrial Chemistry, Shree M. & N. Virani Science College, Kalawad Road, Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 7, Issue (2), Pages 63-65, February,18 (2017)
Alkylimidazolium and N-alkylbenzimidazolium based ionic liquids having halide and tetrafluoroborate were synthesized and used to study catalytic efficiency for the Biginelli reaction under solvent-free conditions. Among all the ionic liquids, the1-Butyl-3-Metylimidazolium chloride found as most promising and efficient green solvent for the synthesis of Dihydropyrimidine 4. The process was simple and proceeded in excellent yields.
- Wasserscheid P. and Keim W. (2000)., Ionic Liquids—New “Solutions” for Transition Metal Catalysis., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 39(21), 3772-3789.
- Plechkova N.V. and Seddon K.R. (2008)., Applications of ionic liquids in the chemical industry., Chem. Soc. Rev., 37(1), 123-150.
- Krossing I., Slattery J.M., Daguenet C., Dyson P.J., Oleinikova A. and Weingärtner H. (2006)., Why Are Ionic Liquids Liquid? A Simple Explanation Based on Lattice and Solvation Energies., J.Am. Chem. Soc., 128(41), 13427-13434.
- Xue H., Verma R. and Shreeve J.M. (2006)., Review of ionic liquids with fluorine-containing anions., J. Fluorine Chem., 127(2), 159-176.
- Turner E.A., Pye C.C. and Singer R.D. (2003)., Use of ab Initio Calculations toward the Rational Design of Room Temperature Ionic Liquids., J. Phy. Chem. A., 107(13), 2277-2288.
- Rantwiijk F. and Vanand Sheldon R.A. (2007)., Biocatalysis in Ionic Liquids., Chem. Rev.,107(6), 2757-2785.
- Pârvulescu V.I. and Hardacre C. (2007)., Catalysis in Ionic Liquids., Chem. Rev., 107(6), 2615-2665.
- Haumann M. and Riisager A. (2008)., Hydroformylation in Room Temperature Ionic Liquids (RTILs): Catalyst and Process Developments., Chem. Rev., 108(4), 1474-1497.
- Martins M.A.P., Frizzo C.P., Moreira D.N., Zanatta, N. and Bonacorso H.G. (2008)., Ionic Liquids in Heterocyclic Synthesis., Chem.Rev., 108(6), 2015-2050.
- Blanchard L.A., Hancu D., Beckman E.J. and Brenecke J.F. (1999)., Green processing using ionic liquids and CO2., Nature, 399(6731), 28-29.
- Byrne N., Howlett P.C., MacFarlane D.R. and Forsyth M. (2005)., The Zwitterion Effect in Ionic Liquids: Towards Practical Rechargeable Lithium-Metal Batteries., Adv. Mater., 17(20), 2497-2501.
- Rogers R.D. and Seddon K.R. (2002)., Ionic Liquids: Industrial Applications for Green Chemistry., ACS Symp. Ser, 818.
- Earle M.J. and Seddon K.R. (2000)., Ionic liquids: Green solvents for the future., Pure Appl. Chem., 72(7), 1391-1398.
- Freemantle M. (1998)., Ionic liquids may boost clean technology development., Chem. Eng. News, 76(13), 32-37.