Synthesis and Characterization of Carbyne
- 1Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati-444 602, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (7), Pages 62-64, July,18 (2016)
Carbyne is an alkyl carbynes (R=H, phenyl, methyl). Carbyne have occurrence in interstellar medium as well as in earth. It has certain occurrence in biological objects. It is also prepare in special gas and space environment. First, in our review, we study the carbynes in the different fields by using its outstanding properties. Thereafter, we study the carbyne in different fields by literature survey. Secondly, represents details of synthesis of carbyne. There is a big dispute on its existence because of stability difficulties in the laboratory synthesis. The most promising objects of modern nanotechnology are the carbon-based materials. Finally, we reported the methodology used for synthesis of carbyne. Overall our review gives the systematic report for synthesis, properties and used of carbyne in different fields.
- Rybachuk A.M., Lu Q.B. and Duley W.W. (2007)., Direct synthesis of sp-bonded carbon chains on graphite surface by femtosecond laser irradiation., Appl. Phys. Lett., 91, 131906 (1-3).
- Kavan L. (1998)., Electrochemical Preparation of Hydrogen Free Carbyne-Like Materials., Acad. of sci. Czech rep., 36(5-6), 801-808.
- Park M. and Lee H. (2013)., Carbyne bundles for a lithium-ion-battery anode., J. korean phys. Soc., 63, 1014-1018.
- Chalifoux W.A. and Tykwinski R.R. (2010)., Synthesis of polyynes to model the sp-carbon allotrope carbine., Nat. Chem., 2, 967-971.
- Prazdnikov Y.E., Lepnev L.S., Bozhko A.D. and Novikov N.D. (2005)., Conductance spectra of carbyne transverse to carbon chains. Is it related to the soliton lattice?., J. Russ. Laser Res., 26, 245-251.
- Xue K.H., Tao F.F., Shen W., He C.J., Chen Q.L., Wu L.J. and Zhu Y.M. (2004)., Linear carbon allotrope – carbon atom wires prepared by pyrolysis of starch., Chem. Phys. Lett., 385, 477–480.
- Januszewski J.A. and Tykwinski R.R. (2014)., Synthesis and properties of long [n] cumulenes (n ≥ 5)., Chem. Soc. Rev., 43, 3184-3203.
- Cannella C.B. and Goldman N. (2015)., Carbyne Fiber Synthesis within Evaporating Metallic Liquid Carbon., J. Phys. Chem. C., 119, 21605−21611.
- Wesolowski M.J., Kuzmin S., Moores B., Wales B., Karimi R., Zaidi A.A., Leonenko Z., Sanderson J.H. and Duley W.W. (2011)., Polyyne synthesis and amorphous carbon nano-particle formation by femtosecond irradiation of benzene., Carbon, 49, 625-630.
- Xue K.H., Tao F.F., Shen W., He C.J., Chen Q.L., Wub L.J. and Zhu Y.M. (2004)., Linear carbon allotrope – carbon atom wires prepared by pyrolysis of starch., Chem. Phys. Lett., 385, 477–480.
- Kavan L. (1998)., Electrochemical Preparation of Hydrogen Free Carbyne-Like Materials., Carbon., 36(5-6), 801-808.
- Liu H., Zhang Z., Hu W. and Wang R. (2012)., Study on the oxidation coupling of acetylene catalyzed to synthesize carbyne by Ag (I)., Adv. Mater. Res., 549, 374-377.
- Pan B., Xiao J., Li J., Liu P., Wang C. and Yang G. (2015)., Carbyne with finite length: The one-dimensional sp carbon., Sci. Adv., 1, e1500857(1-10).
- Wesley A. Chalifoux, Rik R. Tykwinski (2010)., Synthesis of polyynes to model the sp-carbon allotrope carbine., Nat. Chem.
- Ravagnan L., Manini N., Cinquanta E., Onida G., Sangalli D., Motta C., Devetta M., Bordoni A, Piseri P and Milani P (2009)., Effect of Axial Torsion on sp Carbon Atomic Wires., Phys. Rev. Lett., 102, 245502, (1-7).
- Artyukhov V. I., Liu M., Yakobson B. I. (2014), Mechanically Induced Metal−Insulator Transition in Carbyne., Nano. Lett., 14, 4224−4229.
- Kudryavtsev Y. P., Heimann R. B. and Evsyukov S. E. (1996)., Carbynes: advances in the field of linear carbon chain compounds., J. Mater. Sci., 31, 5557-5571.
- Sorokin P. B., Lee H., Antipina L. Y., Singh A. K. and Boris I. Yakobson (2011)., Calcium-Decorated Carbyne Networks as Hydrogen Storage Media., Nano Lett., 11, 2660–2665.
- NuLi Y., Chen Q., Wang W., Wang Y., Yang J. and Wang J. (2014)., Carbyne Polysulfide as a Novel Cathode Material for Rechargeable Magnesium Batteries., Scientific World Journal., Article ID 107918, 7 pages.