Speed of Sound, Density and Refractive Index Data of 5-chloro-3H-Benzooxazol-2-one in Acetonitrile-Water Mixt ures at 37oC
- 1School of Chemical Sciences, S.R.T.M. University, Nanded-431606 (MS) India
- 2School of Pharmacy, S.R.T.M. University, Nanded-431606 (MS) India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (7), Pages 20-24, July,18 (2016)
The experimental speed of sound(u),density()and refractive index(n)studie son solution sofmusclerelaxant5-chloro-3H-benzooxazol-2-one(chlorzoxazone) have been carrie doutin binaryacetonitrile(AN)-water mixture sofdifferentvol%at37oC.Fromexperimentalresults,various acoustical properties like is entropiccompressibility( s ),intermolecular free length(Lf),specific acoustic impedance(Z),relativeas sociation(RA),apparentmolarisentropiccompressibility()and relaxationstrength(r)have been calculated.Apparentmolar volume (V)of drug has been calculated from density data and fitted to modified Massons relation too btainpartialmolar volume(V0)for theevaluationof drug-solventinteractions.The experimental and derived properties have been used to throw the light on drug-drug and drug-solventin teractions.
- Raju K., Rajamannan B. and Rakkappan C. (2002)., Ultrasonic study of molecular interactions in binary mixtures of aprotic and inert solvents., J. Mol. Liq., 100, 113-118.
- Ali A. and Nain A.K. (2002)., Ultrasonic and volumetric study of binary mixtures of benzyl alcohol with amides., , Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn., 75, 681-687.
- Kamila S., Jena S. and Swain B.B. (2005)., Studies on thermo-acoustic parameters in binary liquid mixtures of phosphinic acid (Cyanex 272) With different diluents at temperature 303.15 K: An ultrasonic study., J. Chem. Thermodyn., 37, 820-825.
- Kharat S.J. (2013)., Partial molar volume, Jones–Dole Coefficient, and limiting molar isentropic compressibility of sodium ibuprofen in water and its hydration number and hydration free energy., Thermochim. Acta., 566, 124-129.
- Kumar H. and Kaur K. (2013)., Interaction of antibacterial drug ampicillin with glycine and its dipeptides analyzed by volumetric and acoustic methods at different temperatures., Thermochim. Acta., 551, 40-45.
- Kumar H. and Kaur K. (2012)., Investigation on molecular interaction of amino acids in antibacterial drug ampicillin solutions with reference to volumetric and compressibility measurements., J. Mol. Liq., 173,130-136.
- Deosarkar S.D., Deoraye S.M. and Kalyankar T.M. (2014)., Temperature and concentration dependences of density and refraction of aqueous duloxetine solutions., Russ. J. Phy. Chem. A., 88, 1129-1132.
- Deosarkar S.D. and Kalyankar T.M. (2013)., Structural properties of aqueous metoprolol succinate solutions. Density, viscosity, and refractive index at 311 K., Russ. J. Phy. Chem. A., 87, 1060-1062.
- Das J.K, Dash S.K., Swain N. and Swain B.B. (1999)., Ultrasonic investigation in a polar-polar system-methyl isobutyl ketone (MIBK) and aliphatic alcohols., J. Mol. Liq., 81, 163-179.
- Rajagopal K. and Gladson S.E. (2011)., Partial molar volume and partial molar compressibility of four homologous α-amino acids in aqueous sodium fluoride solutions at different temperatures., J. Chem. Thermodyn., 43, 852-867.
- Karanth V.K. and Bhat D.K. (2013)., Partial molar volume and partial molar isentropic compressibility study of glycine betaine in aqueous and aqueous KCl or MgCl2 solutions at temperatures T=288.15–318.15K., Thermochim. Acta., 572, 23-29.
- Aswar A.S. and Choudhary D.S. (2013)., Densities and ultrasonic speed of 2-hydroxy-5-methyl-3-nitro acetophenone In N, N-dimethylformamide at different temperatures., Bull. Chem. Soc. Ethiop., 27, 155-160.
- Syal V.K., Chauhan A. and Chauhan S. (2005)., Ultrasonic velocity, viscosity and density studies of poly (ethylene glycols) (PEG - 8,000, PEG - 20,000) in acetonitrile (AN) and water (H2O) mixtures at 250C., J. Pure Appl. Ultrason., 27, 61-69.
- Mehrotra K.N., Chauhan M. and Shukla R.K. (1990)., Studies on ultrasonic velocity and electrical conductivity of samarium soaps in non-aqueous medium., Monatsh. Chem., 121, 461-470.
- Baluja S., Solanki A. and Kachhadia N. (2007)., An ultrasonic study of some drugs in solutions., Russ J. Phys. Chem. A., 81, 742-746.
- Bachem C. (1936)., The compressibility of electrolytic solution., Z. Phys., 101, 541-577.
- Koohyar F., Rostami A.A., Chaich M.J. and Kiani F. (2011)., Refractive indices, viscosities, and densities for l-cysteine hydrochloride monohydrate + D-sorbitol + water, and glycerol + D-sorbitol + water in the temperature range between T=303.15 K and T=323.15 K., J. Solut. Chem., 40, 1361-1370.
- Baluja S., Movaliya J. and Godvani N. (2006)., Acoustical studies of some derivatives of 1,5-benzodiazepines formamide and tetrahydrofuran solutions at 298.15 K., Russ J. Phys. Chem. A., 83, 2223-2229.
- Iqbal M.J. and Chaudhry M.A. (2009)., Thermodynamic study of three pharmacologically significant drugs: density, viscosity, and refractive index measurements at different temperatures., J. Chem. Thermodyn., 41, 221-226.