Conductometric and pH Metric Investigations on Thiosemicarbazone-Mn (II) Systems
- 1GCRC, P.G. Department of Chemistry, Govt Dungar College (NAAC –A Grade) Bikaner, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (7), Pages 1-11, July,18 (2016)
In current study thiosemicarbazone has been selected due to great therapeutic importance. Prepration, characterization, solution and antimicrobial study of Mn(II) thiosemicarbazone has been carried out. Solution studies on the complexes have also been carried out in different micellar systems at 25 oC and data have been compared with ethanol water mixture. Formation constants and molar ions in 60% ethanol were determined. Stability constants have been calculated from pH metric study.The conductivity of ligand and metal ligand complexes have been obtained in Triton X- 100 and polyoxethylene (23) lauryether. Association constants and formation constants have been calculated by molar conductance.
- Kovala-Demertzi D., Boccarelli A., Demertzis M.A. and Coluccia M. (2007)., In vitro antitumor activity of 2-acetyl pyridine 4N-ethyl thiosemicarbazone and its platinum (II) and palladium(II) complexes., Chemotherapy, 53(2), 148-152.
- Kovala-Demertzi D., Varadinova T., Genova P., Souza P. and Demertzis M.A. (2007)., Platinum (II) and palladium(II) complexes of pyridine-2-carbaldehyde thiosemicarbazone as alternative antiherpes simplex virus agents., Bioinorganic Chemistry and Applications, 2007.
- Scovill J.P., Klayman D.L. and Franchino C.F. (1982)., 2-acetylpyridine thiosemicarbazones. 4. Complexes with transition metals as antimalarial and antileukemic agents., Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 25(10), 1261–1264.
- Quiroga A.G., Perez J.M. and Lopez-Solera I. (1998)., Novel tetranuclear orthometalated complexes of Pd(II) and Pt(II) derived from p-isopropylbenzaldehyde thiosemicarbazone with cytotoxic activity in cis-DDP resistant tumor cell lines Interaction of these complexes with DNA., Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 41(9), 1399-1408.
- Costa R.F.F., Rebolledo A.P. and Matencio T. (2005)., Metal complexes of 2-benzoylpyridine-derived thiosemicarbazones: structural, electrochemical and biological studies., Journal of Coordination Chemistry, 58(15), 1307–1319.
- Agarwal R.K., Singh L. and Sharma D.K. (2006)., Synthesis, spectral, and biological properties of copper (II) complexes of thiosemicarbazones of Schiff bases derived from 4-aminoantipyrine and aromatic aldehydes., Bioinorganic Chemistry and Applications, 2006.
- Pandey O.P., Sengupta S.K., Mishra M.K. and Tripathi C.M. (2003)., Synthesis, spectral and antibacterial studies of binuclear titanium(IV)/zirconium(IV) complexes of piperazine dithiosemicarbazones., Bioinorganic Chemistry and Applications, 1(1), 35–44.
- Shipman J.C., Smith S.H., Drach J.C. and Klayman D.L. (1986)., Thiosemicarbazones of 2-acetylpyridine, 2-acetylquinoline, 1- acetylisoquinoline, and related compounds as inhibitors of herpes simplex virus in vitro and in a cutaneous herpes guinea pig model., Antiviral Research, 6(4), 197–222.
- Gujarathi J.R., Pawar N.S. and Bendrea R.S. (2013)., Synthesis, physicochemical and biological evaluation of Co (II) complexes derived from 5-chloro-2-hydroxy acetophenone N(4) methyl thiosemicarbazone., Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 5(7), 161-168.
- Tang H.A., Wang L.F. and Yang R.D. (2003)., Synthesis, characterization and antibacterial activities of manganese(II), cobalt(II), nickel(II), copper(II) and zinc(II) complexes with soluble Vitamin K3 thiosemicarbazone., Transition metal chemistry, (28), 395-398.
- Lobana T.S., Sanchez A. and Casas J.S. (1997)., Synthesis, characterization, and in vitro cytotoxic activities of benzaldehyde thiosemicarbazone derivatives and their palladium (II) and platinum (II) complexes against various human tumor cell lines., Bioinorganic Chemistry and Applications, Article ID 690952, 9 pages.
- Irving H.M. and Rosstti H.S. (1954)., The calculation of formation curves in mixed solvents., J. chem. Soc., 2904-2910.
- Gomaa E.A. and Jahdali B.M.A. (2011)., Association of Cu (NO3)2 with Kryptofix-221 in mixed (MeOH-DMF) solvents at different temperatures., American Journal of Fluid Dynamics, 1(1), 4-8.
- Shishtawi N.E., Hamada M.A. and Gomaa E.A. (2011)., Inflence of Permanent magnet on the association constants of FeCl3+10% PVA(Polyvinylalcohol) in 50% ethanol-water solutions conductometrically at 298.25K using new equation for 1:3 asymmetric electrolytes., Physical Chemistry, 1(1), 14-16.
- Gomaa E. A. (2010)., Solvation parameters of lead acetate in mixed N, N-dimethylformamide-water mixtures at 298.15K., Analele Universitatii din Bucuresti-Chimie, (19), 45-48.
- Biswas R. and Brahman D. (2009)., Thermodynamics of the complexation between salicylaldehyde thiosemicarbazone with Cu(II) ions in methanol–1,4-dioxane binary solutions., Indian J. Chem., (A 48), 1145.
- Pund D.A., Bhagwatkar R.A., Tavade D.T. and Rathod D.B. (2010)., Studies on interaction between La (ii), and Nd (iii) metal ions and 1-(4-Hydroxy-6-methyl pyrimidino)-3-substituted thicarbamide at 0.1 m ionic strength pH metrically., Rasayan J. Chem., 2(3), 246-249.
- Janrao D.M., Pathan J., Kayande D.D. and Mulla J.J. (2014)., An over view of potentiometric determination of stability constants of metal complexes., Sci. Revs. Chem. Commun., 4(1), 11-24.
- Gryzybkowski W. and Pilarczyk M. (1989)., Electrical conductance and apparent molar volumes of Al(ClO4)2, Be(ClO4)2 and Cu(ClO4)2 in N,N-dimethylformamide solutions at 25oC., Electrochimica Acta, (32), 1601-1605.
- Shishtawi N.A.E., Hamada M.A. and Gomaa E.A. (2010)., Influence of permanent magnet on the association constants of FeCl3 in 50% ethanol-H2O solutions (conductometrically) at 298.15 K using a new equation for 1:3 asymmetric electrolytes., Journal Chemical engineering data, (55), 5422-5424.
- Hamada M.A., Shishtawiand N.A.E. and Gomaa E.A. (2009)., Conductometric evaluation of association constants for aqueous solutions of CoCl2 in the absence and presence of a magnetic field., Southern Brazilian journal of chemistry, 17, 33-40.
- Gomaa E.A. (1987)., Solute-solvent interactions of some univalent-univalent salts with various organic solvents at 25oC., Thermochimica Acta, (120), 183-189.
- Gomaa E.A. (1988)., Theoretical contribution of salvation of AgBr in some organic solvents at 25o., Thermochimica Acta, (128), 99-120.
- Dossoki F.I.E. (2008)., Electric conductance and semi-emperical studies on two thiophene derivatives/metal cation complexation., Journal of Molecular Liquids, 142, 53-56.
- Nasrabadi M.R., Ahmedi F., Tazari S.M.P., Ganjal M.P. and Alizadeh K. (2009)., Conductometric study of complex formation between some substituted pyrimidines and some metal ions in acetonitrile and the determination of thermodynamic parameters., Journal of Molecular Liquids, (144), 97-101.