Oxovanadium Complex of 2-((2-aminophenyl) iminomethyl) 6-methoxy phenol, Preparation, Characteriziation and Catalytic activity in the oxidation of Benzoin
- 1University of Basra, Collage of Science, Department of Chemistry, Basra, Iraq
- 2University of Basra, Collage of Science, Department of Chemistry, Basra, Iraq
- 3University of Basra, Collage of Science, Department of Chemistry, Basra, Iraq
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (3), Pages 56-65, March,18 (2016)
The oxovandium complex derived from Schiff base ligand namely [2-(2-aminophenyl) iminomethyl) 6-metzoxyphenol] result from condensation of 1, 2-phenylenedaimne and o-vanilin was synthesized and characterized by elemental analysis, IR, 1HNMR and EI-mass. The ligand acts as tridentate towards vanadylion via the azomethine nitrogen, phenolic oxygen and the lone pair of nitrogen atom of NH2. The thermogravemtric (TG) analysis confirm high stability of the complex. Their catalytic activity properties in H2O2 promoted oxidation of the benzoin to benzil was investigated.
- Pati (1970)., The chemistry of Carbon-Nitrogen duble bond John Wiley and Sons Ltd., undefined
- Boghaei D.M and Lashanizadegan M. (2000)., Template synthesis, characterization of highly unsymmetrical tetradentate Schiff base complex of Nikel (II) and copper (II), J. Sci. I. R. Iran, 11(1), 301-308
- Munde A.S., Shelke V.A., Jadhav S.M. Kirdant. A.S., Vaidya S.R., Shankarwar S.G and Chondhekar T.K. (2012)., Synrhesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial Activities of some Transition matelcomplex of Biologically Active Asymmetrical Tetradentate Ligand, Advance in Applied Science Research, 3(1), 175-182.
- Munde A.S, Jagdar A.N., Jadhav S.M. and Chondhekar T.K. (2009)., Synthesis and Characterization of Some Transition Metal Complex of Unsummetrical Tetradentate Schiff Base Ligand, Journal of Korean Chemical Society, 53(4), 407 – 414.
- Jeena Pearl A. and T.F Abbs Fen Reji. (2013)., Synthesis, Characterization, antimicrobial and DNA Cleavage Studies on some metal complexes incorporating 4-chlorobenzaldehyde and 4- aminoantipyrine, Journal of chemical and Pharmaceutical Research , 5(1), 115-122
- Shelk V.A., Jadhav S.M., Shankarwar S.G. and Chondhekar T.K. (2013)., Synthesis, Spectroscopic Characterization and Antimicrobial Activities of some Rare Earth Metal Complexes of Biologically Active Asymmetrical Tetradentste ligand, J. of Chem. Sci. and Technology, 2(2). 61 – 69.
- Thaseen A., Alsalam Jabbar S, Hadi Omar, N. Ali, Hanan S. Abbo and Salam J.J. titnchi (2010)., Oxidation of benzoin catalyzed by oxovanadium (IV) Shiff base complexes, 7(3), 1-8., undefined
- Ebitani K., Ji H-B, Mizugaki T. and Kaneda K. (2004)., Highly active trimetallic Ru/ CeO2/CoO(OH) catalyst for oxidation of alcohols in the presence of molecular oxygen., J. mol. Catal. A: chem., 212, 161-170.
- Makwana V.D., Son Y.C. Howell A.R. and Sub S.L. (2002), The role of lattic oxygen in selective benzyl alcohol Oxidationusing OM5-2 catalyst: A Kinetic and isotope-labeling study., J. catal., 210, 46-52.
- Kobayashi S, Miyamura H, Akiyama R. and Ishid T. (2005)., Highly active, immobilized ruthenium catalysts for oxidation of alcohols to aldehydes and Ketones, Preparation and use in both batch and flow systems., J. Am. chem. Soc., 127, 9251-9254.
- Bushra K. Al-Salami, Amel H. Mohammad and Kahtan A. Askar (2014)., Synthesis and characterization of new Schiff Bases Derived From 2-hydroxybenzaldehyde and Amino Acid and their Vanadylcomplxes., Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences, 5(4), 1457-1472.
- Har Lal Singh J and Bhadur Singh. (2012)., Synthesis, spectral 3D molecular modeling and antibacterial studies of dibutyltin (IV) Schiff base complexes derived from substituted isatin and amino acids, Natural Science, 4(3), 170-178.
- Suman Malik, Saparna Ghosh and Bhari Jain. (2010)., Synthesis charaeterization and antimicrobial studies of Zn(II) complexes of chemotherapeutic importance., Archives of Applied Science Research, 2(2), 304-308.
- Bushra K. Alsalami, Rehab G. Abood, Handi M. Jarallah and Zuhair A. Abdulnabi (2015)., Synthesis, spectral and thermal properties of complexes derived from 2-(2-hydroxyphenylimino) methyl-6-methoxyphenol., Journal of chemical and pharmaceutical Research, 7(2), 917-923.
- Chaisab K., Bhkahk and Jabbar S. Hadi. (2015)., New unsymmetrical Schiff base as Inhibitor of carbon steel corrosion and Antibacterial Activity., Research Journal of chemical Sciences, 5(1), 64-70.
- Skobridis K, Theodorou V and Weber E. (2006)., A very simple and chemoselective air oxidation of benzoins to benzils using alumina., Arkivoc, 10, 102-106.