Chemical Synthesis and Characterization of Aluminium doped Zinc Oxide (AZO) Nanocomposites - A Review
- 1Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati- 444602, India
- 2Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati- 444602, India
- 3Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati- 444602, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (12), Pages 59-61, December,18 (2016)
Aluminium-doped zinc oxide (AZO) nanoparticles can be called a multifunctional material because of its unique physical and chemical properties. The present review broadly divided in to three main sections, namely introduction, literature survey and selection of problem followed by methodology. The introduction of review comprises summary of physical properties and its importance for modern application. Whereas, literature survey section gives idea about various routes for preparation of AZO nanoparticles. By analysing some recent report in literature, we will plane to synthesize AZO nanoparticles by co-precipitation method at low temperature.
- Kim A., Won Y., Woo K., Kim C.H. and Moon J. (2013)., Highly Transparent Low Resistance ZnO/Ag Nanowire/ZnO Composite Electrode for Thin Film Solar Cells., ACS nano, 7, 1081-1091.
- Kang S., Kim T., Cho S., Lee Y., Choe A., Walker B., Ko S.J., Kim J.Y. and Ko H. (2015)., Capillary Printing of Highly Aligned Silver Nanowire Transparent Electrodes for High-Performance Optoelectronic Devices., Nano Lett., 15, 7933-7942.
- Ozgur U., Alivov Y.I., Liu C., Teke A., Reshchikov M.A., Dogan S., Avrutin V., Cho S.J. and Morkoc H.J. (2005),, A comprehensive review of ZnO materials and devices, App. Phys., 98, 041301.
- Kao K.S., Chang S.H., Hsieh P.T., Wang C.M. and Cheng D.L. (2009)., Transparence and Electrical Properties of ZnO-Based Multilayer Electrode., Appl. Phys. A: Mater. Sci. Process, 96, 529-533.
- Cho S., Jung S.H., Jang J.W., Oh E. and Lee K.H. (2008)., Simultaneous synthesis of Al-doped ZnO nanoneedles and zinc aluminum hydroxides through use of a seed layer, Crystal growth and design, 8, 4553-4558.
- Hartner S., Ali M., Schulz C., Winterer M. and Wiggers H. (2009)., Electrical properties of aluminum-doped zinc oxide (AZO) nanoparticles synthesized by chemical vapor synthesis., Nanotechnology, 20, 445701-445709.
- Hou Q., Merg F. and Sun J. (2013)., Electrical and optical properties of Al-doped ZnO and ZnAl2O4 films. prepared by atomic layer deposition, Nanoscale research letters, 8, 144-150.
- Ohyama M., Kozuka H. and Yoko T. (1998)., Sol-Gel Preparation of Transparent and Conductive Aluminum-Doped Zinc Oxide Films with Highly Preferential Crystal Orientation., Am ceram, 81, 1622-32.
- Park K.C., Ma D.Y. and Kim K.H. (1997)., The physical properties of Al-doped zinc oxide films prepared by RF magnetron sputtering., Thin solid films, 305, 201-209.
- O. Lupan , S. Shishiyanu, V. Ursaki, H. Khallaf, L. Chow, T. Shishiyanu, V. Sontea, E. Monaico, S. Railean (2009)., Synthesis of nanostructured Al-doped zinc oxide films on Si for solar cells applications., Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 93, 1417-1422.
- Zhang J. and Que W. (2010)., Preparation and characterization of sol–gel Al-doped ZnO thin films and ZnO nanowire arrays grown on Al-doped ZnO seed layer by hydrothermal method., Solar energy material and solar cell, 94, 2181-2186.
- Venkatachalam S., Ida Y. and Kama Y.N. (2008)., Superialation and microstructure., 44, 127-135.
- Agura H., Suzuki A., Takanori Aoki, Masahiro Okuda and Matsushita T. (2003)., Low resistivity transparent conducting Al-doped ZnO films prepared by pulsed laser deposition., thin solid film, 445, 263-267.
- Sahay P.P. and Nath R.K. (2008)., Al-doped zinc oxide thin films for liquid petroleum gas (LPG) sensors sensor and actuators B., 133, 222-227.
- Martin A., Espinos J.P., Justo A., Holgado J.P., Yubero F. and Gonzalez-Elipe A.R. (2002)., Preparation of transparent and conductive Al-doped ZnO thin films by ECR plasma enhanced CVD., surface and coating technology, 151- 1522, 289-293.
- Jood P., Mehta R.J., Zhang Y., Peleckis G., Wang X., Richard W., Siegel T.B., Tasciuc S.X. and Dou G. (2014)., Heavy Element Doping for Enhancing Thermoelectric Properties of Nanostructured Zinc Oxide., RSC Advances. 4, 6363-6368.