Study of effect of immersion activities on the fluoride content in water of the water bodies
- 1Department of Chemistry, G.M. Momin Women's College, Bhiwandi, Dist Thane, Maharashtra, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 10, Issue (2), Pages 56-60, June,18 (2020)
The amounts of fluoride anion in the Varaala lake water were estimated by complexometry colour bleaching reaction. The sample taken from 3 dissimilar places of lake during entire activities of Idol immersion. Comparative study about the concentration of F- with the standard value is done. There is increase in the concentration of fluoride during and after idol immersion activity, but before immersion activity the concentration of fluoride is less than the standard value prescribed by BIS and WHO at some site.
- Bhateria, R. and Jain, D.(2016)., Water Quality Assessment of Lake Water., Sustain. Water Resour. Manag., 2(2), 161-173. DOI 10.1007/s40899-015-0014-7
- Gorain,B. and Paul, S.(2019)., Effect of Idol Immersion Activities on the Water Quality of Urban Lakes in Bengaluru, Karnataka., Current World Environ., 14(1), 143-148. www.cwejournal.org
- Watker, A.M. and Barabate, M.P. (2014)., Impact of Idol Immersion on Water Quality of Kolar River in Saoner, Dist Nagpur, India., International Res. J. of Environ. Sci., 3(3), 39-42.
- Jain, A., Nayak, J., More, B., Mehta, M., Tamakuwala, T. and Shah, G.(2018)., Impact of Idol Immersion Activities Leading to Deterioration of Water Quality., International J. of Advanced Sci. Research and Management, 3(12), 72-77. www.ijasrm.com
- Kaur, R. and Dhavale, O. (2013)., Comparison of Immersion Effects of Idols Made of Different Materials on The Water Quality Parameters., Indian. J. of Fundamental and applied life Sci., 3(1), 16-23.
- Ujjania, N.C and Haitali, C., Mistry. (2012)., Environmental Impact of Idol Immersion on Tapi River (India)., International J. of Geology, Earth & Environ. Sci., 2(3), 11-16. http://www.cibtech.org/jgee.htm 08/03/2020.
- Andrew Eaton, AWWA Chair, Lenore Clesceri, Eugene Rice, APHA, Arnold Greenberg (2005)., Standard Methods For Examination of Water And Waste Water, American Public Health Association, American Water Work Association, Water Environment Federation., English, Book, Illustrated, Government publication edition (21st ed. ). 2-1 to 2-2, 2-8 to 2-27, ISBN: 0875530478 https://trove.nla.gov.au/version/45704677
- Rasheed, M.A.O. and Jamhour. (2005)., New Inorganic Ion Exchange Material for The Selective Removal of Fluoride From Potable Water Using Ion Selective Electrode., American J. of Environ. Sci., 1(1), 1-4.
- Grobler, S.R., Louw, A.J., Chikte, U.M.E., Rossouw, R.J., Van, W., Kotze, T.J. (2009)., The Relationships between Two Different Drinking Water Fluoride Levels, Dental Fluorosis and Bone Mineral Density of Children., The open Dentistry J., 3, 48-54.
- Peckham, S. and Awofeso, N. (2014)., Water Fluoridation: A Critical Review of the Physiological Effects of Ingested Fluoride as a Public Health Intervention., The Sci. World J., 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/293019
- Kandut, D., Sterbenk, P. and Artnik, B. (2016)., Fluoride: A Review of Use and Effects on Health., J. of the academy of medical Sci. of Bosnia and Herzegovina., 28(2), 133-137. DOI: 10.5455/msm.2016.28.
- Ruwanthi, W., Premathilaka, and Nalinda, D., Liyanagedera. (2019)., Review Article, Fluoride in Drinking Water and Nanotechnological Approaches for Eliminating Excess Fluoride., Hindawi Journal of Nanotechnology, 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/21923 83
- Dhote, S. and Dixit, S. (2011)., Hydro Chemical Changes in Two Eutrophic Lakes of Central India After Immersion of Durga & Ganesh Idol., Res. J. of Chemical Sci., 1(1).
- Camargo, J. A. (2003)., Fluoride Toxicity to Aquatic Organisms., A review, Chemosphere., 50(3), 251-64.
- Vyas., Anju., Bajpai., Verma, A. and Dixit, N.S.J. (2007)., Heavy Metal Contamination Cause of Idol Immersion Activities In Urban Lake Bhopal India., J. Appl. Sci. Environ. manage., 11(4), 37-39. www.bioline.org.br/ja
- Trivedi, P.R. and Gurdeep Raj. (1996)., Water Pollution., Akashdeep Publishing House, New Delhi, 1-20, ISBN: 9788171582600
- Bright, I. C., & Chibuzo, A. A. (2018)., Analysis of Fluoride Concentration in Commercial Sachet Water Brands in Enugu, Nigeria., 8(1), 10-14. DOI: 10.5923/j.aac.20180801.03
- Kumar, M. and Puri, A. (2012)., A Review of Permissible Limits of Drinking Water., Indian J. Occup Environ. Med., 16(1), 40-44. DOI: 10.4103/0019-5278.99696
- Indian Standard Drinking Water-Specification (Second Revision). (2020)., Bureau of Indian standards (BIS) 10500: 2012 Drinking Water Sectional Committee, FAD 25., Amendment No.1 2015. Published by BIS. New Delhi. https://www.indiawaterportal.org/sites/indiawaterportal.org/files/bis_10500-2012_wq_standards_0.pdf. Accessed 2020-04-07.
- Barbara, F. G. (2015)., U.S. Public Health Service Recommendation for Fluoride Concentration in Drinking Water for the Prevention of Dental Caries., Public Health Rep, 130(4), 318-331. DOI: 10.1177/003335491513000 408
- De, Kumar (2003)., Environmental Chemistry., International (P) Ltd, Publishers: Fifth edition New Age. ISBN: 9788122414882.
- Lone, M.I., Zhen-li, H., Peter, J.S. and Xiao-e, Y. (2008)., Phytoremediation of Heavy Metal Polluted Soils And Water: Progresses and Perspectives., J. Zhejiang Univ. Sci. B., 9(3), 210-220. DOI: 10.1631/jzus.B0710633