Phytochemical analysis of medicinal plant vitex negundo found in Pathalgaon block district-Jashpur, CG, India
- 1Department of Chemistry, Kalinga University, Naya Raipur, CG, India
- 2Kalinga University, Naya Raipur, CG, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 10, Issue (2), Pages 53-55, June,18 (2020)
Medicinal plant have been observed to very effective and the treatment of various diseases. The rural Sendhwar plant has been used in maximum quantity in its daily life in the Pathalgaon block of Jashpur District, full of tribal population and important medicinal properties are also available in it, which are available in the highest quantity in the hedge and roadside. According to the statement of local vaidyaraj's of Pathalgaon block region the leaf, stem, oil of vitex negundo plant is used for killing grain pests, asthma, Joint pain, swelling and also the obtained wood by the villagers to build houses and burnt it. Vitex negundo plant is likely to be widely used in future.
- Tandon, V.R. (2005)., Medicinal uses and biological activities of vitex negundo., Natural product Radiance, 4(3), 162-165.
- Suganthi, N. and Dubey, S. (2016)., Photochemical constituents and pharmacological activites of vitex negundo linn., Journal of chemical and Pharmaceutical research, 8(2), 800-807.
- Yagik, D. and Verma, R. (2018)., Analysis of photochemical of medicinal plants (Tejbal) found in jashpur chhattisgarh., International journal of scientific engineering and science, 2(6), 24-26.
- Yadaw, P. and Shrivastava, S. (2019)., Properties and uses of some medicinal plants found in Jashpur district of Chhattisgarh., IOSR journal of applied chemistry, 12(8), 51-54.
- Liji, K.O. and Vasudevan, C.N.S. (2017)., Comparative Pharmacognostic and photochemical studies of Ocimum Tenuiflorum and its substitute vitex negundo., International Journal of Ayurveda and pharma research, 5(7), 9-19.
- Ahuja, S.C., Siddharth, A. and Ahuja, U. (2015)., Nirgundi (vitex negundo)-nature's gift to mankind., Asian agri-history, 19(1), 5-32. 10.
- Belewu M.A., Olatunde, O.A and Giva, T.A. (2009)., Underutilized medicinal plants and species: chemical composition and phytochemical properties., Journal of medicinal plants Research, 3(12), 1099-1103.
- Ajazuddin and Saraf, S. (2010)., Evaluation of physicochemical and phytochemical properties of safoof, E-Sana, a unani polyherbal formulation., Pharmacognosy Research, 2(5), 318-322.
- Joshi, B., Sah, G.P., Basnet, B.B., Bhatt, M.R., Sharma, D., Subedi, K., Pandey, J. and Malla, R. (2011)., Phytochemical extraction and Antimicrobials properties of different medicinal plants: Ocimum sanctum (Tulsi), Eugenia caryophyllata (clove), Achyranthes bidentata (Datiwan) and Azadirachta indica (neem)., Journal of Microbiology and Antimicrobials, 3(1), 1-7.
- Cemaluk Egbounu, A.C. and Emeka, N. N., (2012)., Phytochemical properties of some solvent fractions of petroleum Ether extract of the African mistletoe (Coranthus Micranthus Linn) leaves and their antimicrobials activity., African Journal of Biotechnology, 11(62), 12595-12599, ISSN: 1684-5315.
- Ibrahim, J.A., Makinde, O. and Ibekwe, N.N. (2012)., Pharmacogynostic, Physicochemical standardization and phytochemical analysis of leaves of cultivated crotalaria lachnose,a stapf., Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 2(9), 067-070.
- Ahmad, T., Bahadur, S. and Pandey, S. (2013)., Phytochemical secreeing and physicochemical parameters of crude druge: A brief Review., International Journal of Pharma Research & review, 2(12), 53-60.
- Ekka, Amia (2013)., Some rare plants used by Hill-korwa in their heath care from Chhattisgarh., International Journal of Age science Biotechnology and Parma Research, 2(1), 197-202.
- Kushwaha, K., Tripathi, R.K. and Dwivedi, S.N. (2013)., Medicinal plants used in the treatment of same common diseases by the tribal and rural people in Korea district of Chhattisgarh., International Journal of Pharmacy & IFE sciences, 4(10).
- Ekka, A. and Ekka, N. S. (2013)., Traditional plants use for snakebite by oraon tribe of Jashpur district, Chhattisgarh., International Journal of advanced Research in management and social sciences, 2(6), 1-9.
- Tiwari, A.k. and Mehta, R. (2013)., Medicinal plants used by traditional healers in jashpur district of Chhattisgarh, India., Life science leaflets, 1, 31-41.
- Belay, K. and Sisay, M. (2014)., Phytochemical constituents and physiochemical properties of medicinal plant (Moring a Oleifera) Around Bule Hora., International Journal of Innovation and Scientific, 8(1), 88-98.
- Altemimi A., lakhassassi, N.F., Bahariouei, A. and Watson, D.G. (2017)., Phytochemicals: Extraction, Isolation and Identification of bioactive compounds from plant extracts., Plants, 6(2), 1-23.