Efficiency and technological efficiency of universities library of Bangladesh: chronological development of IIUC Library
- 1National University, Gazipur, Bangladesh and Library and Information Science, IIUC
Res. J. Library Sci., Volume 7, Issue (1), Pages 10-17, January,21 (2019)
This study evaluates the core performance, scenario and efficiency levels of the private universities library sectors in Bangladesh and tries to calculate the efficiency, technical efficiency levels also. The study examines the core performance and activity of the private university library in Bangladesh where applying the "Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA)" method for measuring the university library accomplishment that's developed by Charnes, Cooper, and Rhodes, 1978. It is an input and output oriented data analysis and this study conducting by seven private universities library data in Bangladesh from 2015 to 2017. This study finds that most of the private universities libraries are inefficient for their fewer service times, poor Books, Human Resource and Technological equipment's system. Though, all universities are trying to develop their dynamic and technological efficient condition and services after 2016. But only two private university libraries are gained tough position during the study periods. This study assists the decision makers to pay more attention to the significant library activities that may help in increasing the efficiency positions and ranking of the university library as compared to another library. Besides, this study will improve the management of the private universities library in setting up plans and technological strategies.
- Webmaster I. (2018)., International Islamic University Chittagong., Retrieved from http://www.iiuc.ac.bd/ 10th Oct., 2018
- Report (2018)., University Grants Commission., Retrieved from http://www.ugc.gov.bd/
- Report (2018)., The Private University Act, 1992., Retrieved from https://www.sai.uni-heidelberg.de/workgroups/bdlaw/1992-a34.htm accessed date 10/10/2018
- Hamid M. and Holmes A. (2014)., How do e-books change the reading experience? : NEW YORK TIMES 620 8TH AVE, NEW YORK, NY 10018 USA., https://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/05/books/review/how-do-e-books-change-the-reading-experience.html 31st Dec., 2013 accessed date 10/10/2018
- Anderson B.R. (2013)., E-book revolution: Breaking through in the digital age., BBC News. http://www.bbc.com/news/business-23682885, 22nd Aug., 2013, accessed date 10/10/2018
- Rahman M. (2015)., A plan for modernization of university libraries in Bangladesh., Doctorate Thesis. University of Dhaka, Bangladesh http://www.library.du.ac.bd/
- Rosenberg D. (2007)., Forward 'was written for Building a Digital Library at the University of Zimbabwe: A celebration of teamwork and collaboration., INASP Research and Education Case Studies.
- Rahman M.Z. (2016)., E-book Revolution: Breaking through in the Digital Age and Readiness for adoption in University Libraries of Bangladesh. Library and Information Professionals Summit (LIPS)., International Conference on From Ownership to Access: Leveraging the Digital Paradigm, At Ambedkar University Delhi, Volume: 5th, 19-20th May 2016, 163-172.
- Kraft A. (2015)., Books vs. e-books: The science behind the best way to read., CBS News. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kindle-nook-e-reader-books-the-best-way-to-read/ 14th Dec., 2015
- Zillur R. (2016)., The emergence of 'Open Science, Paper presented at the 19th International Symposium on Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD 2016):\\\" Data and Dissertations.\\\" 11-13th Jul., 2016
- Shuler J.A. (2005)., Creative destruction: academic libraries and the burden of change., The Journal of academic librarianship, 31(6), 593-597.
- Haneefa M. (2007)., Application of information and communication technologies in special libraries in Kerala (India)., Library Review, 56(7), 603-620.
- Marakkath N. (2013)., Intermediate Participant Selection Phase: Assessment of Efficiency and Sustainability., Sustainability of Indian Microfinance Institutions, 73-96. doi:10.1007/978-81-322-1629-2_5
- Ghazi A., Lotfi F.H. and Sanei M. (2018)., Hybrid efficiency measurement and target setting based on identifying defining hyperplanes of the PPS with negative data., Operational Research, 1-38. doi:10.1007/s12351-017-0362-1
- Kádárová J., Durkáčová M., Teplická K. and Kádár G. (2015)., The Proposal of an Innovative Integrated BSC - DEA Model., Procedia Economics and Finance, 23, 1503-1508. doi:10.1016/s2212-5671(15)00375-5
- Kuah C.T., Wong K.Y. and Wong W.P. (2012)., Monte Carlo Data Envelopment Analysis with Genetic Algorithm for Knowledge Management performance measurement., Expert Systems with Applications, 39(10), 9348-9358. doi:10.1016/j.eswa.2012.02.140
- Farrell M.J. (1957)., Data Envelopment Analysis and Its Applications to Management., 120.
- Charnes A., Cooper W.W. and Rhodes E. (1978)., Measuring the efficiency of decision-making units., European journal of operational research, 2(6), 429-444.