Publication Trends and Citation Impact of Microbiology Research in India: A Scientometric Study
- 1Department of Studies in Library and Information Science, Karnatak University, Dharwad 580 003, Karnataka State, India
- 2Department of Studies in Library and Information Science, Karnatak University, Dharwad 580 003, Karnataka State, India
- 3Department of Studies in Library and Information Science, Karnatak University, Dharwad 580 003, Karnataka State, India
- 4Department of Studies in Library and Information Science, Karnatak University, Dharwad 580 003, Karnataka State, India
Res. J. Library Sci., Volume 4, Issue (8), Pages 1-10, October,21 (2016)
This document evaluates India’s contribution to world microbiology research during the period 2003–2014 based on Web of Science database. India’s growth of research, global publication share, citation impact, the share of global collaborative publications, impact of major collaborative countries, prolific institutions and authors were studied. It is observed that India ranks in the 9th place with a global publication share of 3.87% and an annual average growth rate of 13.15% for the period 2003–2014. The citation impact of India’s contribution is 12.26 which decreased from 22.42 during 2003–2008 to 7.43 during 2009-2014. India’s international collaboration share in Microbiology research is 31.93%.
- Gillen A. and Oliver D. (2012)., Antony van Leeuwenhoek: Creation “Magnified” Through His Magnificent Microscopes., Retrieved from https://answersingenesis.org/creation-scientists/profiles/antony-van-leeuwenhoeks-microscopes-creation-magnified.
- Grenham S., Clarke G., Cryan J.F. and Dinan T.G. (2011)., Brain–Gut–Microbe Communication in Health and Disease., Frontiers in Physiology, 94(2), 1-15, doi: 10.3389/fphys.2011.00094.
- Mann R. (2016)., An Overview of Scope of Microbiology., Institute of lifelong Learning, University of Delhi, Retrieved from http://vle.du.ac.in/file.php/596/An_Overview_of_Scope_of_Microbiology/Overview_of_scope_of_Microbiology .pdf
- Lal Rup. (2012)., State of Microbiology in India., Indian Journal of Microbiology, 52(2), 113-113.
- Gupta Indrani and Guin Pradeep (2010)., Communicable diseases in the South-East Asia Region of the World Health Organization: towards a more effective response., Bulletin. New Delhi; World Health Organization.
- Goel Arti (2014)., Microbes in agriculture and medicine., Bio evolution, 1(2), 5-8.
- Jeyanthi kumari V. (2011)., Bioremediation of sewage water using microorganisms., Doctoral thesis, Manonmaniam Sundaranar university, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, Retrieved from shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in
- Gupta B.M. and Gupta R. (2014)., Pneumonia Disease Research in India: A Scientometric Study during 2004-13., Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). Retrieved from http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2968&context=libphilprac
- Gupta B.M. and Bala Adarsh (2013)., Bone Marrow Research in India: A Scientometric Study 2003-12., Journal of Bone Marrow Research, 1(1), 1-6, doi:10.4172/2329-8820.1000108
- Rajagopal T., Archunan G., Surulinathi M. and Ponmanickam P. (2013)., Research output inpheromone biology: a case study of India., Scientometrics, 94(2), 711-719.
- Sinha B. and Joshi K. (2012)., Analysis of India’s solar photovoltaics research output., Annals of Library and Information Studies, 59(2), 106-121.
- Gupta B.M., Kshitij A. and Verma C. (2011)., Mapping of Indian computer science researchoutput, 1999–2008., Scientometrics, 86(2), 261-283.
- Varaprasad S.J.D. and Ramesh D.B. (2011)., Activity and growth of chemical research in India during 1987–2007., DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology, 31(5), 387-394.
- Karpagam R., Gopalakrishnan S., Natarajan M. and Babu B. Ramesh (2011)., Mapping of nanoscience and nanotechnology research in India: A scientometric analysis, 1990–2009., Scientometrics, 89(2), 201-522.
- Gupta B.M., Kaur H. and Kshitij A. (2011)., Dementia research in India: A scientometric analysis of research output during 2002–11., Annals of Library and Information Studies, 59(4), 280-288.
- Gupta B.M., Kaur H. and Bala A. (2011)., Mapping of Indian diabetes research during 1999–2008: A scientometric analysis of publications output., DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology, 31(2), 143-152.
- Kademani B.S., Sagar A. and Bhanumurthy K. (2011)., Research and impact of materials science publications in India: 1999–2008., Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science, 16(2), 63-82.
- Balasubramani R. and Murugan C. (2011)., Mapping of Tapioca (Sago) Research in India: A Scientometric Analysis., Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). Retrieved from http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1577&context=libphilprac
- Frame J.D. and Carpenter M.P. (1979)., International research collaboration., Social Studies of Science, 9, 481-497.