Spatial spread of earthquakes around a portion 23.50N and 1210E in Taiwan Island
- 1Department of Physics, Cross River University of Technology, P.M.B. 1123, Calabar, Nigeria
- 2Department of Physics, Cross River University of Technology, P.M.B. 1123, Calabar, Nigeria
Res. J. Physical Sci., Volume 8, Issue (1), Pages 1-10, February,4 (2020)
This study investigated the spatial spread of earthquakes around a portion in Taiwan Island. The data used for this study were acquired from earthquake catalogue of International Seismological Centre (ISC), Pipers Lane, Thatcham, Berkshire, United Kingdom. Earthquake events with body magnitude Mb&
- Yu S.B., Kuo L.C., Punongbayan R.S. and Ramos E.G. (1999)., GPS Observation of crustal deformation in the Taiwan-Luzon region., Geophys Res Lett, 26, 923-926.
- Wu Y.M., Chang C.H., Zhao L., Teng T.L. and Nakamura M. (2008)., A comprehensive relocation of earthquakes in Taiwan from 1991 to 2005., Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 98(3), 1471-1481.
- Wu Y.M., Hsiao N.C., Chin T.L, Chen D.Y., Chan Y.T. and Wang K.S. (2013)., Earthquake Early Warning System in Taiwan., Encycl of Earthquake Eng, 1-12.
- Abong A.A. (2019)., Evaluation of b-value of earthuakes in New Papua Guinea., World Scientific News, 132, 155-168.
- Bayrak Y., Yılmaztürk A. and Öztürk S. (2002)., Lateral variation of the modal (a/b) values for the different regions of the world., J. Geodyn., 34, 653-666.
- Schorlemmer D., Wiemer S. and Wyss M. (2005)., Variation in earthquake-size distribution across different stress regimes., Nature, 437(22), 539-542.
- Schorlemmer D. and Wiemer S. (2005)., Microseismicity data forecast rupture area., Nature, 434, 1086.
- Nuannin P., Kulhanek O. and Persson L. (2005)., Spatial and temporal b value anomalies preceding the devastating off coast of NW Sumatra earthquake of December 26, 2004., Geophysical research letters, 32(11).
- Schorlemmer D., Neri G., Wiemer S. and Mostaccio A. (2003)., Stability and significance tests for b-value anomalies: Example from the Tyrrhenian Sea., J. Geophys. Res, 30(16), 1835.
- Wiemer S. and McNutt S.R. (1997)., Variation in the frequency-magnitude distribution with depth in two volcanic areas: Mount St. Helens, Washington, and Mt. Spurr, Alaska., Geophys. Res. Lett., 24(2), 189-192.
- Abong A.A., George A.M. and Awhuwhe E.A. (2016)., Investigation of time scale dependence of Gutenberg-Richter′s frequency-magnitude relationship in South Africa., International Journal of Applied Sciences and Engineering Research, 5(2), 129-136.
- Awoyemi M.O., Hammed O.S., Shode O.H., Olurin O.T., Igboama W.N. and Fatoba J.O. (2017)., Investigation of b-value variations in the African and parts off Eurasian plates., Journal of Tsunami Society International, 36(2), 87-99.
- Adagunodo T.A., Sebastian L., Adekunle M.A, Omidiora J. O., Aizebeokhai A.P., Oyeyemi K.D., Olaide S. and Hammedm O.S. (2018)., Evaluation of 0 < M < 8 earthquake datasets in African – Asian region during 1966–2015., Data in Brief, 17, 588-603.
- Wang J.H. (1998)., Studies of earthquake seismology in Taiwan during the 1897-1996 Period., J of the Geol Soc of China, 41, 291-335.
- Wu Y.M. and Chen C.C. (2007)., Seismic reversal pattern for the 1999 Chi-Chi, Taiwan, Mw7.6 earthquake., Tectonophysics, 429, 125-132.
- Obi E.O., Abong A.A. and Ogbeche J.U. (2014)., Empirical Study of the Frequency and Severity of Earthquakes in Taiwan., J. of Geosciences and Geomatics, 5(4), 167-172.
- Enescu B. and Ito K. (2002)., Spatial analysis of the frequency–magnitude distribution and decay rate of aftershock activity of the 2000 western Tottori earthquake., Earth Planet Space, 54, 847-859.
- Shaik M. and Srivastava S. (2003)., Statistical parameters of Bhuj Earthquake sequence of January 26th, 2001., Earth Planets Science, 112, 397-400.
- Miyamura S. (1962)., Magnitude-frequency relation of earthquakes and its bearing on geotectonics., Proceedings of the Japan Academy, 38(1), 27-30.