PEC solar cell behaviour of NbSe2 and NbS2 single crystals grown by DVT technique
- 1Department of Physics, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar-388120, Gujarat, India
- 2Department of Physics, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar-388120, Gujarat, India
- 3Department of Physics, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar-388120, Gujarat, India
- 4Department of Physics, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar-388120, Gujarat, India
- 5Department of Physics, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar-388120, Gujarat, India
- 6Department of Physics, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar-388120, Gujarat, India
Res. J. Physical Sci., Volume 5, Issue (7), Pages 1-7, September,4 (2017)
Transition Metal dichalcogenides constitute a well- defined family of compounds which crystallize in a layer type structure. These compounds have energy band gap close to the solar spectrum maxima and hence they form an important class of solar cell materials. P-N junction and other solid junction solar cells are practical form of solar cells which have been, by now, transformed from research level to commercial shape; where as solid – liquid junction solar cells have some limitations for their commercialisation. Nevertheless, they form an important tool to study electrochemical interaction for characterizing different material properties of semiconductor electrode. In this paper authors have attempted to fabricate Photoelectrochemical solar cell with semiconductor electrode using crystals of NbX2 (X= S, Se) grown by Vapour transport techniquei. E. Direct Vaapour Transport (DVT) technique. Two solar cell electrodes using single crystals of NbSe2 and NbS2 as photoelectrodes have been prepared. A mixture of iodine [I2], potassium ferricyanide [K3Fe(CN)6] and potassium ferrocyanide [K4Fe(CN)6] was employed as an electrolyte with concentration of 0.025M I2 + 0.1M [K4Fe(CN)6] + 0.1M [K3Fe(CN)6]. The dark and polychromatic solar cell responses were recorded with the help of incandescent lamp varying intensity of illumination between 30 mW/cm2 to 120 mW/cm2. The solar cell parameters like fill factor (FF), Open circuit Voltage (Voc), Short circuit Current (Isc) and photoconversion efficiency (&
- Gujarathi D.N., Solanki G.K., Deshpande M.P. and Agarwal M.K. (2006)., PEC behaviour of mixed single crystals of tungsten sulphoselenide grown by a CVT technique., Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 90(16), 2630-2639.
- Patel R.R., Solanki G.K., Gosai N.N. and Patel R.B. (2013)., DVT Grown GeSe Single Crystals and their Thermal Parameters in N2., Advanced Materials Research, 665, 8-14.
- Parmar R., Sahay D., Pathak R.J. and Shah R.K. (2013)., Study of Photoelectrochemical Solar Cell Using WSe2Crystal., Advanced Materials Research, 665, 330-335.
- Patel S.G. (1992)., Light Intensity Variation Studies of MoS2/Electrolyte Interface., Crystal Research and Technology, 27(2), 285-292.
- Joshi Ravindrapal M. (2014)., Effect of concentration of the Electrolyte on the performance of Photoelectro Chemical (PEC) Solar Cell using MoSe2 Single Crystal., International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 4(7), 1-3.
- Schafer H. (1964)., Chemical Transport Reactions., Academic Press, New York.
- Wick René and Tilley David S. (2015)., Photovoltaic and Photoelectrochemical Solar Energy Conversion with Cu2O., J. Phys. Chem. C, 119(47), 26243-26257.
- Patel Kaushik, Prajapati Jagdish, Vaidya Rajiv and Patel S.G. (2005)., Optical and electrical properties of ZrSe3 single crystals grown by chemical vapour transport technique., Bulletin of Materials Science, 28(5), 405-410.
- Kline G., Kam K., Ziegler R. and Parkinson B.A. (1983)., Further studies of the photoelectrochemical properties of the group IV transition metal dichalcogenides., Solar Energy Mater., 6(3), 337-350.
- Patel Kaushik, Prajapati Jagdish, Vaidya Rajiv and Patel S.G. (2005)., Study of Optical and electrical properties for ZrS3 single crystals., Indian Journal of Physics, 79(4), 373.
- Solanki G.K., Patel Trupti, Unadkat Sandip, Patel Dipika B., Patel Ruchita R. and Gosai N.N. (2010)., Photoelectrochemical studies of mixed germanium sulphoselenide single crystals., Journal of Science, 1, 39-43.
- Solanki G.K., Goyal Sudeep, Unadkat Sandip, Patel Dipika B., Patel Trupti and Agarwal M.K. (2009)., Photoelectrochemical studies of SnS single crystal grown by vapour phase technique., Proceedings of 54th DAE-SSPS-2009, Solid State Physics, 54, 947-948.
- Sharon Maheshwar and Sharon Madhuri (2017)., Solar cell: Yesterday and Tomorrow., Nantotechnology, ISBN: 1-62699-000-X, 6 (chapter-11) Energy and Environmen Publisher: Studium Press LLC Houston, USA.
- Yunus Mansur (2013). PhD Thesis, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar., undefined, undefined