Effect of BaCl2 doping on structural and electrical properties of PEO based solid polymer electrolyte films
- 1Department of Physics, Mangalore University, Mangalagangotri-574199, India
- 2Department of Physics, Mangalore University, Mangalagangotri-574199, India
- 3Department of Physics, Mangalore University, Mangalagangotri-574199, India
- 4Department of Physics, Mangalore University, Mangalagangotri-574199, India
- 5Department of Physics, KVG College of Engineering, Kurunjibhag, Sullia-574327, India
Res. J. Physical Sci., Volume 5, Issue (2), Pages 5-7, March,4 (2017)
BaCl2 doping on structural and electrical properties of Polyethylene Oxide (PEO) polymer electrolyte has studied using FTIR, XRD and conductivity measurements. Pure and doped polymer films were prepared by solution casting method. The chemical modifications within the film due to doping were examined by FTIR study and the result shows that the considerable changes in the doped films, indicates the interaction between dopant and polymer and formation of charge transfer complex (CTC). The XRD study shows the decrease in crystallinity by increase dopant concentration. This shows the presence of CTC modifies the structure of films. The DC conductivity studies show the enhancement of conductivity by increase in BaCl2 salt concentration. The increase in conductivity after 5 wt% (10-6Scm-1) has been understood by invoking the CTC behavior within the composite. Conductivity decreases on further addition of salt to PEO polymer electrolyte, which is may be due to the saturation of conducting charge motilities due to doping.
- Bac A., Ciosek M., Bukat M., Marczewska M. and Wieczorek W. (2006)., The effect of type of the inorganic filler and dopant salt concentration on the PEO–LiClO4 based composite electrolyte–lithium electrode interfacial resistivity., Journal of Power Sources 159(1), 405-411.
- Tominaga Yoichi, Asai Shigeo, Sumita Masao, Panero Stefania and Scrosati Bruno (2005)., A novel composite polymer electrolyte: Effect of mesoporous SiO2 on ionic conduction in poly (ethylene oxide) LiCF3SO3 complex., Journal of Power Sources 146(1), 402-406.
- Nimah Yatim Lailun, Cheng Ming Yao, Cheng Ju Hsiang, Rick John and Hwang Bing-Jeo (2015), Solid–state polymer nanocomposite electrolyte of TiO2/PEO/NaClO4 for sodium ion batteries., Journal of Power Sources 278, 375-381.
- Praveena S.D., Ravindrachary V., Bhajantri R.F. (2014)., Free volume related microstructural properties of lithium perchlorate/sodium alginate polymer composites., Polymer composites, 35(7), 1267-1274.
- Fana Lizhen, Nana Ce-Wen and Zhaoc Shujin (2003)., Effect of modified SiO2 on the properties of PEO–based polymer electrolytes., Solid State Ionics, 164(1), 81-86.
- Anantha P.S. and Hariharan K. (2005)., Physical and ionic transport studies on poly (ethylene oxide)–NaNo3 polymer electrolyte system., Solid State Ionics, 176(1), 155-162.
- Sasikala U., Kumar Naveen P., Rao V.V.R.N. and Sharma A.K. (2012)., Structural, electrical and parametric studies of a PEO based polymer electrolyte for battery applications., International Journal of Engineering Science & Advanced Technology, 2(3), 722-730.
- Mohan V.M., Raja V., Sharma A.K. and Rao Narasimha V.V.R. (2006)., Ion transport and battery discharge characteristics of polymer electrolyte based on PEO complexed with NaFeF4 salt., Ionics, 12(3), 219-226.
- V.M. Mohan, V. Raja, Bhargav Balaji P., Sharma A.K. and Rao Narasimha V.V.R. (2007)., Structural, electrical and optical properties of pure and NaLaF4 doped PEO polymer electrolyte films., J Polym Res, 14(4), 283-290.
- T. Sreekanth, M. Jaipal Reddy and U.V. Subba Rao (2001)., Polymer electrolyte system based on (PEO+KBrO3)–its application as an electrochemical cell., Journal of Power Sources, 93(1), 268-272.