Modeling and simulation of Organic solar cell consisting of Nanoscale Layers and Films by Using Silvaco ATLAS Software
- 1Faculty of Basic Science, University of Maragheh, PO Box 55181-83111, Maragheh, Iran
- 2Faculty of Basic Science, University of Maragheh, PO Box 55181-83111, Maragheh, Iran
- 3Faculty of Basic Science, University of Maragheh, PO Box 55181-83111, Maragheh, Iran
Res. J. Physical Sci., Volume 4, Issue (6), Pages 1-6, July,4 (2016)
An organic photovoltaic device (OPV) with poly (3-hexylthiophene) (P3HT) absorber layer was designed and simulated using SILVACO ATLAS software. The effective area of the cell was 6 mm2. Langevin recombination, a.singlet and s.binding models were used to simulate this device. Under an illumination of one Sun (AM 1.5G, 100 mW/cm2), the simulated cell showed an open-circuit voltage of 0.32 V, a short-circuit current density of 0.07 mA/cm2 and a fill factor of 29.5%, resulting to a power conversion efficiency of 0.005%.
- Chol K.U. and Qing J.X. (2012)., Numerical Analysis of Efficiency Enhancement in Plasmonic Thin-Film Solar Cells by Using the SILVACO TCAD Simulator., Chin. Phys. Lett., 29(6), 067301-3.
- Walker G. (2001)., Evaluating MPPT converter topologies using a MATLAB PV model., J. Elect. Electron. Eng. Australia., 21(1), 49-56.
- Akhavan O., Mehrabian M., Mirabbaszadeh K. and Azimirad R. (2009)., Hydrothermal synthesis of ZnO nanorod arrays for photocatalytic inactivation of bacteria., J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 42, 22.
- Mehrabian M. (2016)., Hydrothermally Grown Al:ZnO Nanorods with Different Growth Periods for Solar Cell Applications., J. Nanoelectron. Optoelectron., 11(3), 349-355.
- Scarpa G., Martin E., Locci S., Fabel B. and Lugli P. (2009)., Organic thin-film phototransistors based on poly(3-hexylthiophene)., Journal of Physics: Conference Series., 193(1), 012114.
- Cheun H. Hernandez C.F., Zhou Y., Potscavage W.J., Kim S.J., Shim J., Dindar A. and Kippelen B. (2010)., Electrical and Optical Properties of ZnO Processed by Atomic Layer Deposition in Inverted Polymer Solar Cells., J. Phys. Chem. C., 114(48), 20713-20718.
- Ur S.C. and Yi S.H. (2016)., Effects of a seed layer on the structural properties of RF-sputtered ZnO thin films., Journal of the Korean Physical Society., 68 (1), 104-108.
- Shin W.S. Jeong H.H., Kim M.K., Jin S.H., Kim M.R., Lee J.K., Lee J.W. and Gal Y.S. (2006)., Effects of functional groups at perylene diimide derivatives on organic photovoltaic device application., J. Mater. Chem., 16, 384-390.