The Study of Present Solar Cycle 24 – Future Aspects
- 1SoS Physics and Astrophysics, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, C.G., 492010, India
- 2SoS Physics and Astrophysics, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, C.G., 492010, India
- 3Department of Physics, Govt. Dr. W.W. Patankar Girls P.G. College, Durg, C.G., 491001, India
Res. J. Physical Sci., Volume 4, Issue (3), Pages 5-10, April,4 (2016)
In this paper we have studied about the present Solar Cycle 24 in comparison with previous solar cycles. The progression of present Solar Cycle 24 at late 2008 to 2015, indicates that the solar minimum is similar to the Dalton Minimum. The predictions of Solar dynamo, ¬sunspot numbers are mostly used as basic solar activity index which is responsible for variation in space-weather. It is observed that the solar minimum between solar cycle 23 and 24 during the period of 2007 to 2009 has been longest at least since for the last 100 years and it looks that Sun is going to the next super centurial minimum solar cycle. Our aim is to investigate the facts of solar activity behavior during the period of present solar cycle 24.
- Kilcik A., V.B. Yurchyshyn, A. Ozguc and J.P. Rozelot (2014)., Solar Cycle24: Curious change in the relative numbers of Sunspot Group types., The Astrophysical Journal.
- William Dean Pesnell (2008)., Predictions of Solar Cycle 24, Solar Phys., 252, 209-220.
- H.S. Ahluwalia (2012)., Three-cycle quasi-periodicity in solar, geophysical, cosmic ray data and global climate change, Indian Journal of Radio and Space Physics, 41, 509-519.
- I.G. Usoskin, K. Mursula and G.A. Kovaltsov (2000)., Cyclic behavior of sunspot activity during the Maunder minimum,, Astron. Astrophys., 354, L33-L36.
- Meera Gupta, S.R. Narang, V. K. Mishra and A. P. Mishra (2014)., Correlative Study of Solar Activity and Cosmic Ray Intensity Variations during Present Solar Cycle 24 in Comparison to Previous Solar Cycles,, Int. Journal of Engg. Tech. Manag. and Appl. Sciences, 2, 104-115.
- Meera Gupta, V. K. Mishra and A. P. Mishra (2007)., Solar activity parameters and their interrelationship: Continuous decrease in flare activity from solar cycles 20 to 23, J. Geophys. Res., 112.
- A. Yoshida (2014)., Difference between even and odd numbered cycles in the predictability of solar activity and prediction of the amplitude of cycle 25,, Ann. Geophys., 32, 1035-1042.
- Boris Komitov and Vladimir Kaftan (2013)., The sunspot cycle no. 24 in relation to long term solar activity variation, Journal of Advanced Research, 4, 279-282.
- A.G. Tlatov and V.I. Makarov (2005)., Indices of Solar Activity in minimum of Sunspot Cycles, ASP Conference Series, 346.
- Hiroko Miyahara (2009)., Yusuke Yokoyama and Yasuhiko T. Yamaguchi, Influence of the Schwabe/Hale solar cycles on climate change during the Maunder Minimum, Solar and Stellar Variability, Impact on Earth and Planets IAU Symposium No. 264.
- Leif Svalgaard, Edward W. Cliver and Yohsuke Kamide (2005)., Sunspot Cycle 24: Smallest Cycle in 100 Years?, ASP Conference Series, 346.
- S. Watari (2012)., Low solar activity around minimum of cycle 23 and expected amplitude of cycle 24, ASP Conference Series, 454.
- Suyeon Oh and Bogyeong Kim (2014)., Variation of Solar interplanetary and Geomagnetic Parameters during Solar Cycles 21-24, Journal of Astronomy and Space Science, 30, 101-106.
- NOAA (2016)., National Centers for Environmental Information, (https://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/stp/solar/ solardataservices.html)