Analytical and Hysteresis Loop Studies of Ferroelectric Al- Doped KNbO3 Single Crystal
- 1Department of Applied Physics, Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur-440033, India
- 2Department of Applied Physics, Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur-440033, India
- 3Department of Physics, Arts, Commerce and Science College, Kiran Nagar, Amravati-444606, India
Res. J. Physical Sci., Volume 4, Issue (3), Pages 1-4, April,4 (2016)
The doped KNbO3 single crystal have been prepared using flux method by taking K2CO3 and Nb2O5 as starting materials, in the molar ratio of 1.2:1 with an impurity of Al2O3 (200mg).The good quality single crystals were obtained by this method. The sample are partially transparent suitable for optical properties. The detailed study of structural parameters, dielectric and Hysteresis loop studies were carried out in this paper. The prepared sample has been characterized by X-Ray diffraction method to determine lattice parameters. The material is orthorhombic with lattice parameters as: a= 5.69399Å, b=3.96801 Å, and c= 5.71852 Å. The dielectric property shows the possibility of phase transition at high temperature. The material has high value of dielectric constant at Curie temperature of about 435°C.The hysteresis curve observed at room temperature todetermine various parameters particularly, the spontaneous polarization (Ps), remanent polarization (Pr) and coercive field (Ec). The value of spontaneous polarization is determined from the hysteresis curve 9.632 × 10-5µC/cm2 at E = 45.6V/cm. The other parameters i.e. remanent polarization (Pr) is equal to 1.60×10-5µC/cm2, and coercive field (Ec) is 24.85 V/cm.
- Varatharajan R., Jayavel P., Kumar J., Jayavel R. and Asokan K. (2000)., Effect of Energetic Ion on Barium Strontium Titanate crystals., Nuclear Instrumentand methods in physics research., 170(1-2), 145-148.
- Wongasaenmai S., Laosiritaworn Y., Ananta S. and Yimnirun R. (2006)., Improving Ferroelectric Properties of Pb (Zr0.44 Ti0.56) Ceramics by Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3), Addition., Materials Science and Engineering B., 128(1-3), 83-88.
- Kimura H., Zhao H. and Tanahashi R. (2014)., Potential Advantage of Multiple Alkali Metal Doped KNbO3 Single Crystals., Crystals, 4(3), 190-208.
- Patil N.M., Shamkuwar S.H. and Korde V.B. (2015)., Analytical Studies on Aluminum Doped KNbO3 Single Crystal, Journal of Pure Applied and Industrial Physics, 5(6), 185-191.
- Shirane G., Newnham R. and Pepinsky R. (1954)., Dielectric Properties and Phase Transitions of NaNbO3and (Na,K) NbO3,Phys. Rev., 96(3), 581-588., undefined
- Ingle S.G. and Mishra M.B. (1978)., Effect of Dopants on Domain Structures in Thick Crystals of KNbO3, Ind. J. Pure and Appl. Phys.16 (2), 1030-1033.
- Ingle, S.G., Moon, K.S. and Kakde, R.N. (1992)., Cooperative Ordering of Impurity Dipoles in KNbO3 Single Crystals. Bull., Mater. Sci., 15(3), 251-256.
- Laishram R., Thakur O.P., Bhattacharya D.K. and Harsh (2010)., Dielectric and Piezoelectric Properties of La Doped Lead Zinc Niobate-Lead Zirconium Titanate Ceramics Prepared From Mechano-Chemically Activated Powders., Mate. Sci and Engg.B., 172(3), 172-176.
- Choudhary R.N.P., Ratnakar Palai. and Sharma S. (2000)., Structural, Dielectric and Electrical Properties of Lead Cadmium Tungstate Ceramics., Mate. Sci and Engg.B., 77(3), 235-240.
- Patil N.M., Korde V.B. and Shamkuwar S.H. (2015)., Growth and Characterization of Fe-Doped KNbO3Single Crystals., Journal of Pure Applied and Industrial Physics, 5(4), 117-123.