Effects of yogic exercises (Asanas) on physical efficiency of Male Kabaddi players
- 1Maharaja Singh College of Professional Sciences, Indore, MP, India
Res. J. of Physical Education Sci., Volume 6, Issue (1), Pages 1-3, December,23 (2018)
Kabbadi was primarily devised as a way to develop the physical strength and speed in young men. To play kabaddi a player has to basically learn daring operation against opposite players, dodging and masetry over hand and feet movements. To excel in game player must learn both offensive and defensive skills. Yoga helps kabaddi players in controlling body and mind through meditation and various asanas. Yoga not only strengthens body it also helps player to recover fast from injury and also helps them in gaining more flexibility and stability. It also helps to increase their powers of concentration and to calm the mind. The purpose of the study is to determine the effect of Yogic Exercises (Asanas) on Physical Efficiency of male kabaddi players. The random group design was used for the study comprising of 25 subjects. The duration of training programme was 8 weeks. Pre and Post data relating to physical efficiency was collected and t-ratio was applied. It was found that there was significant difference in the physical efficiency of kabaddi players.
- Khodaskar A.N. (1977)., Comparative Study of Effects of Yogic and Non- Yogic Exercise on Selected Physiological Variable of kabaddi Players., Abstracts and Souvenir, National Seminar on Holistic Approach of Yoga for Human Resource Development (February 1977), 35.
- Madanmohanl, Jatiya Lakshmi, Udupa Kaviraja and Bhavanani Ananda Balayogi (2003)., Effect of yoga Training on Handgrip, Respiratory Pressures and Pulmonary Function., Indian J Physical Pharmacol., 47(4), 387-392.
- Kathleen Mcconn (1968)., A comparison of two methods of conditioning for Physical Education and Recreation., Dissertation Abstracts International, 67.
- Gharote M.L. (1973)., Effect of yogic training on physical fitness., Yoga Mimamsa, 15(4), 31-35.
- Krishnan K. (1977)., The Effects of Selected Yogic Exercises upon the Development of Flexoibility., unpublished thesis submitted to the University of Madras, 12-55.
- Jyoti Dhama Prakash (1999)., Effect of Free Hand Gymnastic Exercises and Yogic Asanas on Flexibility., (Unpublished Master
- Paul Satinder (2013)., Effect of yogic breathing techniques on cant ability among kabaddi players., Indian Streams Research Journal, 3(2), Special section, 1-5.
- Swami Ram (1976)., What is Yoga., (New Delhi: 5 New man and Company).
- Swami Kuvalaynanda (1993)., Asanas., (Lonavala: Kaivalyadhama Asharam Publication, seventh edition.
- Shri Krishan (1985)., Essence of Pranayama., (Mumbai: Jolly Offset printing press).
- Karamblekar M.L., Bhole P.V. and Gharoke M.V. (1972)., Effect of yoga training on vital capacity and breath holding time., Yoga Mimimsa, 14(3), 19-26.
- www.kabaddiikf.com (2018)., undefined, undefined
- Topend Sports (2018)., Topend Sports: the Sport & Science Resource!., www.topendsports.com
- Go Daddy (2018) www.mykabaddi.com, undefined, undefined
- Report (2018)., Ijoy International Journal of Yoga., www.ijoy.org.in