Yoga therapy for breathlessness among women
- 1Department of Human Consciousness and Yogic Sciences, Mangalore University, Mangalagnagothri-574 199, India
Res. J. of Physical Education Sci., Volume 5, Issue (4), Pages 1-3, June,23 (2017)
Aim of the current study is to assess the effect of yogic practices on Breathlessness. Yoga therapy sessions were conducted at Hostelís hall in Womenís university hostel, Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri. Known cases of breathlessness females aged between 20 years to 25 years were selected for the study. Simple random sample technique is used to divide the subjects in to experimental and control group which had 10 subjects each. Yogic practices were progressively introduced to the experimental group everyday in the morning from 6.00a.m to 7.00am, for period of 30 days. The result revealed that the practice of Yoga significantly helped to reduce the breathlessness.
- Colledge N.R., Walker B.R., Ralston S. and Davidson S. (2010)., Davidson, Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 681-728.
- Sharma Krishna K., Udayakumara K., Prasada Thirumaleshwara and Ajithesha N.H. (2014)., Effect of yoga therapy on lung functions in respiratory disorder subjects., European Scientific Journal (E.S.J), 10(6), 102-108.
- Sharma K.K. (2014)., A Study to access the effect of yoga therapy on selected lung parameters in subjects with COPD., International Journal of Scientific research, 3(7), 56-58.
- Sharma K.K. (2014)., Effect of Yoga Therapy on Cellular Rejuvenation and Improvement of Concentration (A Pilot Study)., Indian Journal of Applied Research, 4(8), 657-661.
- Sharma K.K. (2013)., A Critical Study on the Effect of Yogic Practices on the health of Jewellery Employees., Indian Streams Research Journal, 3(11), 1-3.