Criterion performance physical fitness components relation with Kabaddi playing ability
- 1Department of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India
- 2Department of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India
Res. J. of Physical Education Sci., Volume 5, Issue (2), Pages 1-3, February,23 (2017)
This study is intended to selected performance physical fitness components relation with Kabaddi playing ability. Data is gathered from 82 male kabaddi players of Senior and Junior National Level representation of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states are chosen. The age group of players are ranged from 17 to 19 years. The selected performance physical fitness components are Respiratory Endurance, Strength, Dynamic Balance, Static Balance, Foot Reaction Ability, Speed, Hand Reaction Ability, Movement Speed, Agility, Passive Flexibility, Active Flexibility, Accuracy, Co-Ordination Ability, Endurance, Power. The data is analyzed and apply Pearson product moment correlation method which is set at 0.05 level of significance. The finding revealed Respiratory Endurance (0.585*), Dynamic Balance (0.259*), Foot Reaction Ability (0.259*), Hand Reaction Ability (0.237*), Movement Speed (0.364*), Agility (0.449*), Active Flexibility (0.326*), Accuracy (0.393*), Co-Ordination Ability (0.296*) and Power (0.523*) are significant positive correlation with kabaddi players playing performance at 0.05 level of significance. The remaining physical fitness are Strength (0.112), Static Balance (0.054), Speed (0.154), Passive Flexibility (0.189) and Endurance (0.112) have no significant connection with playing ability of kabaddi performers. This study mentor to achieve top performance relation with Respiratory Endurance, Dynamic Balance, Foot Reaction Ability, Hand Reaction Ability, Movement Speed, Agility, Active Flexibility, Accuracy, Co-Ordination Ability and Power.
- Kumar Ravinder (2014)., Kinanthropometric and fitness variables as predictors of kho-kho playing ability (Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation)., Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla-5.
- Devaraju K. and Needhiraja A. (2012)., Prediction of Kabaddi Playing Ability from Selected Anthropometrical and Physical Variables among College Level Players., International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology, 3(1), 115-120. http://www.iaeme.com/ IJARET/issues.asp?JType=IJARET&VType=3&IType=1
- Gowri Naidu B. (2016)., Performance Physical Fitness Components as predictors of Kho-Kho performance ability., Res.J. Physical Education Sci., 4(9), 1-3.