Relationship between Personality and Family Climatic Conditions of Judo, Wrestling and Boxing Female Players of Haryana, India
- 1 Physical Education, Dept. of School Education, Haryana, India
Res. J. of Physical Education Sci., Volume 4, Issue (8), Pages 1-4, October,23 (2016)
The purpose of this study was to find out the relationship between personality and family climatic conditions of female judo, wrestling and boxing players of Haryana. As we know that, in India our families have a great influence on the female members, which ultimately have an impact on their psychological makeup, and consequently, on their personality development in sports. Two hundred forty (240) state level judo, wrestling and boxing players were selected as subjects for the study from various Districts of Haryana State, and their age ranged between 13 to 18 years. To find out the relationship between personality and family climatic conditions product moment method of correlation was applied. Sportsman personality test Indian adaptation based on C.D. Spielberger Personality test (SPT-1979) by L.N. Dubey and family climate scale by Dr Beena Shah were used to collect the required data on personality makeup and family conditions of the subjects. It was concluded that there exists a significant relationship between personality and family climatic conditions of judo, wrestling and boxing players.
- Warhal J.G. (1998)., Facilitating and Encouraging Healthy Emotional Development., Pediatrics,102(5),1330-1331.
- Ackerman N.W. (1958)., The Psychodynamics of Family life., NewYork, Basic Books.
- Meenakshi (2011)., Study of competitive Behaviour and Family Environmental Dimensions in Relation to the playing Ability of Female Hockey players., Unpublished Ph.D. Thesis, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, India.
- Czajkowski Z. (1995)., ZnaczenieWdziaalnoecisportwej Cz.1i2., sport wyczynowy 7-8,9-10, In Polish, http://www.jssm.org.
- Pudelkiewewiz Euggniusz (1987)., Sports consciousness as an essential component of involvement in sports and socialization., 3rd International Symposium on the Sociology, 48, 2.
- Nakao K. et al. (2000)., The influences of family environment on Personality., Psychiatry and clinical Neuroscience, 54(1), 91-96.
- Dubey L.N. (2000)., Sportsman Personality Test Jabalpur., Aarohi Manovigya kendra.
- Gordon W.A. (1973)., Personality: A Psychological Interpretations., New York: prentice Hall Inc., 22.
- Scott L.H. (1939)., Personality development in farm, small-town, and city children., Unir. Nobr. Agric. Exper. Station ,Res. Bull., No.114.
- Ranjana (2015)., Family Environment in Relation to Emotional Intelligence and Personality., Journal of Indian Health Psychology, 10(1), 79-89.
- Shah Beena (2006)., Family Climate Scale., Bareilly: National Psychological Corporation, Agra.